Homebrew [ALPHA RELEASE] C_O_M_R_E_D: Open-Source Comic/Manga Reader for your 3DS

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 17,496
  • Replies 42
  • Likes 16
D

Deleted User

OP
So can i download tons of manga (Ones i have irl.. I technically own the ones I read digitally) and read on the go? Does the last page you're on save? easy UI to browse manga downloaded?

I'd check but I'm currently using CIAngel to install Bravely Default. (not pirating, I just bought a pre-owned physical copy.. so I can technically install a digital copy and never touch the physical one again right?)

You can download them from your computer and read them on the go, yes. Just so long as they use the format specified. Downloading directly on the 3DS will be supported in the future (when I can get around to implementing it, school work kinda gets in the way). Yes, the reader saves the last page you were on. And I'd like to think I'd made a good UI, but right now, it's little more than a file browser than opens comic directories when detected. You can theme it, though (you just can't switch themes; as I keep saying, soon).

Keep in mind that this is an ALPHA release, meaning that while the reader is usable, many features are not implemented or incomplete. The reason why I decided to release the app this early was so I get could get feedback from people. If you do decide to try the app out, let me know how it goes so I can make improvements to the app accordingly.

Also, use Decrypt9 to dump your gamecart instead. Less "legally grey". ;)

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download them from your computer and read them on the go, yes. Just so long as they use the format specified. Downloading directly on the 3DS will be supported in the future (when I can get around to implementing it, school work kinda gets in the way). Yes, the reader saves the last page you were on. And I'd like to think I'd made a good UI, but right now, it's little more than a file browser than opens comic directories when detected. You can theme it, though (you just can't switch themes; as I keep saying, soon).

Keep in mind that this is an ALPHA release, meaning that while the reader is usable, many features are not implemented or incomplete. The reason why I decided to release the app this early was so I get could get feedback from people. If you do decide to try the app out, let me know how it goes so I can make improvements to the app accordingly.

Also, use Decrypt9 to dump your gamecart instead. Less "legally grey". ;)
Ah alreat. I think I'll try it out. The install failed anyways so I'll just dump it.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
on my n3ds the app doesnt load the pics

Like, it won't load the images? They're probably larger than 1024x1024, so try resizing them. Try Fotosizer, I posted a link in the OP.

Also, this is the first post I've made in a while, so let me go ahead and say this: this project is not dead. I have been working on C_O_M_R_E_D, and Alpha v0.2 should be out relatively soon. It's just I've been busy with the killer of a thousand projects (school, that is), so progress is going slower than I would like. I'm also a chronic procrastinator, and dealing with several AP Courses right now, so sorry to anyone looking forward to this project. I promise I haven't forgotten you guys. ;)

Also, out of curiosity, what would you guys prefer; updates with more features that take longer, or updates with less features that come out sooner?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like, it won't load the images? They're probably larger than 1024x1024, so try resizing them. Try Fotosizer, I posted a link in the OP.

Also, this is the first post I've made in a while, so let me go ahead and say this: this project is not dead. I have been working on C_O_M_R_E_D, and Alpha v0.2 should be out relatively soon. It's just I've been busy with the killer of a thousand projects (school, that is), so progress is going slower than I would like. I'm also a chronic procrastinator, and dealing with several AP Courses right now, so sorry to anyone looking forward to this project. I promise I haven't forgotten you guys. ;)

Also, out of curiosity, what would you guys prefer; updates with more features that take longer, or updates with less features that come out sooner?

no i resized them still the same issue

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

take your time for it (school is more important) xD

D

Deleted User

OP
no i resized them still the same issue

take your time for it (school is more important) xD

Hmm. PM me the images, I'll try and test them when I have the chance.

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
which format should they be

i cant send you pics because i am not allowed

D

Deleted User

OP
which format should they be

i cant send you pics because i am not allowed

Could you tell me where you got them, then? You don't have to put in any links, just a name will suffice.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What would make this truly amazing is if you could make it compatible with some popular manga sites so you can "stream" manga from site to 3ds. I don't read manga though, just thought that'd really make it stand out above the others :) Might not even be possible tbh.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
What would make this truly amazing is if you could make it compatible with some popular manga sites so you can "stream" manga from site to 3ds. I don't read manga though, just thought that'd really make it stand out above the others :) Might not even be possible tbh.

I'm planning on implementing a Manga Downloading feature in the next couple of updates. There's already a Manga Reader that supports this feature, called Manga Reader, so you might want to check that out while I work out the bugs on this app.

Reactions: dimmidice
D

Deleted User

OP
@Cenk Akbaba Ugh, sorry for dragging this out, but would you mind describing to me behavior of the program? Does it load the images distorted? Or does it freeze the 3DS, forcing a restart?

D

Deleted User

OP
if i enter the folder it doesnt load anything (like an empty folder)

OK, are you putting the comic folder in /data/C_O_M_R_E_D/comics/? Does the folder have an image called 1.jpg or 1.png or something similar? Would you mind showing me a screenshot? And finally, are you able to go back to the main menu after entering comic selection?

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the images are called gimg001...... and yes there are in data/C_O_M_R_E_D/comics/foldername
actually data/C_O_M_R_E_D/comics/Tokyo Ghoul/ Tokyo Ghoul 1

it reconizes the folders but not the pictures

D

Deleted User

OP
the images are called gimg001...... and yes there are in data/C_O_M_R_E_D/comics/foldername
actually data/C_O_M_R_E_D/comics/Tokyo Ghoul/ Tokyo Ghoul 1

it reconizes the folders but not the pictures

That would be the issue. Try renaming gimg00x.jpg to simply 00x.jpg. This should fix the problem. Tell me how it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up