'Alpha Protocol', Obsidian's espionage RPG, returns to PC with GOG launch

alpha protocol.png

Alpha Protocol is an espionage RPG developed by Obsidian Entertainment that first launched 14 years ago. However, in 2019, the game was pulled from Steam due to music licensing issues. Since then, the game was not available digitally on PC; that is, until today, as GOG, Obsidian and SEGA have collaborated to bring the game back via GOG. This version is compatible with modern PCs, features licensed soundtrack and features performance improvements.

For the occasion, an 18-minute documentary video about Alpha Protocol's return to PC was aired which you can view below:

This launch also coincides with GOG's 2024 Spring Sale which includes over 5500 deals, including AAA titles. The sale will last until April 4th, 8 AM UTC.

:arrow: SOURCE

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to say it but I wish it was cheaper (like 14.99$:ha: since i already own a copy). Still good they got it back up though for folks who havent played it yet. I wonder how much the improvements will help on modern systems. :unsure:

Reactions: Quore

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Alpha Protocol is an espionage RPG developed by Obsidian Entertainment that first launched 14 years ago. However, in 2019, the game was pulled from Steam due to music licensing issues. Since then, the game was not available digitally on PC; that is, until today, as GOG, Obsidian and SEGA have collaborated to bring the game back via GOG. This version is compatible with modern PCs, features licensed soundtrack and features performance improvements.

For the occasion, an 18-minute documentary video about Alpha Protocol's return to PC was aired which you can view below:

This launch also coincides with GOG's 2024 Spring Sale which includes over 5500 deals, including AAA titles. The sale will last until April 4th, 8 AM UTC.

:arrow:SOURCE

Sega should do the same for the Jet Set Radio games.

• Wow
Reactions: eternal

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's always cool to see stuff like that even tho I don't know the game and probably will never play it

I just hope that now that Microsoft bought Activision and Bethesda (Id Software), maybe now they can re-release Heretic II .... I think I'm the only guy in the world who's asking for that

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad its on sale again. I own the original steam release and it works really well on the steam deck fyi so I would assume the GOG release would be the same.

Reactions: Skelletonike

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nab the game from GOG as soon as you can because due to licensing issues I don't think it will stay there for too long.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't remember the game being removed from Steam tbh, I've had it for a while and it's a game that actually runs really well on the Deck. It's unfortunate that it had to be pulled from Steam.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I cant get it working on the Steam Deck.
I havent played it yet but always wanted too.
Looks like I wont ever play it. Its not available anywhere else and it wont run on the Steam Deck so I'm not having any luck with this game so thats it, move on to the next game in my list.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega should do the same for the Jet Set Radio games.
some folks are making something similar to it

besides this one, i cannot remember if there was something else too that got mentioned in one of these recent game shows that said jetsetradio-like is coming out...but i feel like there was another one. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto