All Xbox One Controllers Now Have Button Re-Mapping Available

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by chavosaur, Nov 17, 2015.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    1bc7731d-f11f-4d2f-81e5-a6d25e1c04ca.jpg

2. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Huh.. Now I'm wonder why this wasn't an option in the first place.

Subtle Demise, XDel and HaloEffect17 like this.
  3. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Ohyeah~
    To bad I dun have a One yet, but I'll deffo make use of this.
    I fucking hate default button mapping on most games.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. weavile001

weavile001 Spiritmaster

Jun 10, 2012
    Brazil
    somewhere
    I can finally accelerate with the A button.
    that's good.

Kippykip, Subtle Demise and nxwing like this.
  5. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    It took 15-20 years or so...

Subtle Demise and HaloEffect17 like this.
  6. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    Wigan, UK
    :lol: Tha what? It was a standard feature in the Xbox 360 ;)

Good to hear it's out across the board anyway! Still wouldn't mind one of those Elite controllers though, kid bro picked up an Elite console with one last weekend so I've had a try and ohhh yes...... I begrudge paying £50 for one though, never mind £130!
    Now then MS, what about the other big standard feature on the 360 eh - custom music?! Why are you making me play Forza 6 with that series-default in game bgm shite? Hell, even the PS4 has beaten you there, sort it out! (they apparently are, just not rushing to do it, grr!)

7. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Nah, you've just imagined it.

8. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    That's pretty neat! I usually go with the default button layout in most games, since it was the way the developers thought it was supposed to be.
    There's just a few instances I really have to change the defualt buttons (on PC) like Morrowind and Oblivion, where E is Jump and Space is Interact.... :P

9. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    I'll wait for the PC option then (I do have a xbone controller). Don't have a Xbone myself since I already have a PC that doesn't burst into flames when playing the witcher 3...or fallout 4. better be on the safe side of "it can run it" for me.

Last edited by Xabring, Nov 17, 2015
    Xenon Hacks likes this.
  10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Yeah only took a few more years than it should. Sure it would have been harder on the older consoles but it has been technically possible for many years on the PS360 at least.

Now however I await the cheat or not discussions like some people insisted on having for the times I have done it on older consoles/games. In some ways I could almost buy the touchscreen dodging ones, though the tendency there to blather on about purity of vision of the devs tends to lose that one quickly.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  11. zeello

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    Well if its a system feature or part of the game's options, then it technically isn't cheating. However, using this feature has the same problem as remapping controls in the games that allow it, which is simply the fact that not everyone will remap the controls the same way you did, and presumably most gamers won't remap the controls at all.

This announcement is kinda funny though since all Xbox owners immediate reaction will be "hmm, what should I change?" Some people might change something just for the heck of it.

Xabring likes this.
  12. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    I'm wonder why this isn't already an option on every system like it should be.

13. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I agree, and things like macros, timed inputs and possibly even rapid fire would count as some variation on the theme of cheat (not that I have problems with much of that either). However remap which took some effort and was not available to all I can not consider cheating save for some very limited circumstances (the examples will be in some rhythm games and possibly things like track and field* but I will leave those to your imagination)

*unrelated to this but a classic technique there was get your wallet, wrap it around your hands and be able to play where your friends had long since succumbed to finger pain.

14. cdoty

cdoty GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Is this a per game setting?

15. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Perfect Dark XBLA finally better strafing for eveyone by mapping the analog to D-Pad!

16. Crass

Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

Nov 3, 2006
    United States
    Oregon
    I picked up a Windows 10 wireless dongle and an Elite controller last week for use with my PC. The controller works fine, but I've noticed that the "impulse trigger" function isn't in windows. I've tried Titanfall and Fallout 4 which both supposedly support impulse triggers on the Xbox. I've also noticed that plugging a headphone into the bottom of the controller does nothing, the controller doesn't show up as a "playback device" in the windows sound settings.

So far I am kinda disappointed with it honestly, there is no added functionality over the 360 controller. Nicer D-Pad though.

Xabring likes this.
  17. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    Can this be set for specific games? I need this to fix the controls in Destiny.