Hacking All USB Loader Apps on Homebrew don't work....

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, All the USb Loader Apps seem to freeze when I'm playing. I play for a few minutes, then first, it loses audio and then freezes. I followed everything in this video: Does anyone know how to fix, as any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, Pardon me if I sound like a noob or if this thread is somewhere else, as this is the first thread I made and first time on GBATemp.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Could be your hard drive goes to sleep mode, if that's where you are running the apps from? Just a guess, could be a whole bunch of reasons

styckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need more details

Are your games on SD or USB HDD

Is your SD card SDHC?

Is your USB Drive externally powered, single cable, or Y-Cable.

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Need more details

Are your games on SD or USB HDD

Is your SD card SDHC?

Is your USB Drive externally powered, single cable, or Y-Cable.
My games are Usb connected, 500gb wd hdd, wbfs format.
My sd card IS SDHC.
It's connected with a usb cable that charges Samsung Galaxy phones.

Could be your hard drive goes to sleep mode, if that's where you are running the apps from? Just a guess, could be a whole bunch of reasons
I'm running apps from sd card. I don't see how it would go to sleep mode, considering it's still on when it freezes.

teogeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's either a sleep mode issue (which means your disk would still be on but not working in full capacity) or that the power from your samsung cable is not enough to power the disk properly. You should try:
1. Run games from the SD card or a usb flash drive. If the games now don't freeze it's proof that the problem lies with your disk so then go to 2:
2. Buy a usb y-cable to power your disk properly. The power from a single usb port of the wii u is apparently low.

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's either a sleep mode issue (which means your disk would still be on but not working in full capacity) or that the power from your samsung cable is not enough to power the disk properly. You should try:
1. Run games from the SD card or a usb flash drive. If the games now don't freeze it's proof that the problem lies with your disk so then go to 2:
2. Buy a usb y-cable to power your disk properly. The power from a single usb port of the wii u is apparently low.
It can't be an issue with the drive, it worked flawlessly on the Wii. Also, the 2nd reason you said might be issue I'm having. I'll try to buy a usb y-cable, see if anything turns up.

styckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't be an issue with the drive, it worked flawlessly on the Wii. Also, the 2nd reason you said might be issue I'm having. I'll try to buy a usb y-cable, see if anything turns up.

The Wii U USB ports supply a lower voltage than the Wii did. So just because it worked on the Wii properly doesn't mean it will work on the Wii U properly.. This is pretty common knowledge hence why people are HIGHLY recommended to use a Y cable or externally powered USB HDD.

Example: Both my non-externally powered USB drives work on the Wii fine.. On the Wii-U they just make clicking sounds. Hence I used an externally powered USB drive instead to avoid Y-Cables and save a USB slot.

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii U USB ports supply a lower voltage than the Wii did. So just because it worked on the Wii properly doesn't mean it will work on the Wii U properly.. This is pretty common knowledge hence why people are HIGHLY recommended to use a Y cable or externally powered USB HDD.

Example: Both my non-externally powered USB drives work on the Wii fine.. On the Wii-U they just make clicking sounds. Hence I used an externally powered USB drive instead to avoid Y-Cables and save a USB slot.
I did not know Wii U supports less voltage than Wii, I thought it was same....

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Everyone! I just got my Y-Cable today. It took so long because I ordered it from China. I started using and it worked perfectly! :D I can play Wii Games without the freezing issue. Thanks for the help, guys, without your help I'd be lost. Hopefully this thread will help anyone with this issue.

Reactions: styckx and Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol