Homebrew All Updates for CFW tools in one place?

MhManBearPig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added CFW to my New 3ds about a year and a half ago, and I know I need to update my tools, such as homebrew channel, fbi, Luma, etc. But it's been so long since I have, I don't even know where to start. Was a post or a topic made about where to find the latest versions of these tools? I want to just get this thing up to par with all the updates before I update to 11.7 and do a NAND backup with all these new updates first.

I hope this made sense, and thank you of any information.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added CFW to my New 3ds about a year and a half ago, and I know I need to update my tools, such as homebrew channel, fbi, Luma, etc. But it's been so long since I have, I don't even know where to start. Was a post or a topic made about where to find the latest versions of these tools? I want to just get this thing up to par with all the updates before I update to 11.7 and do a NAND backup with all these new updates first.

I hope this made sense, and thank you of any information.

The go to starting reference is your trusty ol' https://3ds.hacks.guide/ , (previously known as 3ds.guide). It's always good to go back to that as a refresher and for whatever new major CFW info to catch up on if it has been a long time since hacking the 3DS.

Do you recall installing something called A9LH (arm9loaderhax) along with Luma3DS v7.0.5 or older? If so, you'll definitely want to update to B9S (boot9strap) along with latest Luma3DS:
Here's website listing the well known homebrew titles to date.
You can also look for the most popular titles and projects by sorting the forums with the most views, like this.

Some homebrew projects were discontinued since you last left off. Would you like your title inventory to be critiqued for suggested improvements or substitutions?

MhManBearPig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I updated to arm9 when it dropped because of the fear of bricking my system, so I believe I'm good with that, I heard about the Multi updater before just didn't think it worked honestly.

But as of now I'm only using NTR CFW, and themely. But mainly want to update Luma and arm9

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm giving my 3ds to my brother and just want it to be up to date first. I'm only holding onto it to put my MHGen save file onto my switch when it drops in August.

MhManBearPig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use MultiUpdater app (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...us-files-and-application.475662/#post-7638104 ).
If you need apps that are not in the list just add them into MultiUpdater config.json

If you want to update manually just google for github page of the app you need.

Thank you! Used this and got everything updated. It actually fixed an error code I was getting. Got my Gm9 scripts updated as well, NAND is backed up, and ready to firmware update!

Thank you guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo