Hardware All the info we know about Switch

S

Saiyan Lusitano

"Monthly game" Nintendo tries to make it sound like they're competing against Sony and Microsoft. :rofl2: Giving rental games for a month is a joke.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Three more games have been added to the Nintendo Switch’s day-one launch lineup.

Feel the same way as the chick on the left.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks to all users!, i'll update later, im busy now.

oh look more ports of OLD games. world of goo is over 8 years old! :glare:
Meh, Cave Story is more old, and im still playing that game (i love that game so much!) And still comes to Switch ^^/

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"Monthly game" Nintendo tries to make it sound like they're competing against Sony and Microsoft. :rofl2: Giving rental games for a month is a joke.
OTOH we don't know price or other incentives. If it's $2-3 a month, who cares really, would be as good as/better than MS and Sony as long as it had lobbies and voice chat. If it's $5/month, I'd expect at least Steam-level discounts on games occasionally in addition to the monthly "rental." Otherwise those NES/SNES games better be $5 or less to buy for subscribers. At $10/month or more I probably wouldn't play online and neither would anyone else.

Reactions: thorasgar

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, i'll edit

It's like to come back to N64 era! but in 2017... NOT SO COOL!

Also, thread edited.

But without the 64 MB limitation XD The medium itself isn't an issue now, as they can hold what, close to 20 GB or something?

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
N64 used carts, the only major issue was the limited space, 64 MB tops. Now, using carts nowadays isn't an issue as they hold several GB in size, there's nothing wrong with using them now.
But for something is Expansion pak, ins'--- wait, that only increases RAM :/
Im very impressed how cartridges evolved! i still remember when Gameboy Cartridges limit was MB, not GB!!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But for something is Expansion pak, ins'--- wait, that only increases RAM :/
Im very impressed how cartridges evolved! i still remember when Gameboy Cartridges limit was MB, not GB!!

The Expansion Pack only increased the RAM to 8 MB, carts had a capacity of 512 megabits (64 MB), gone are the limited capacity of cartridges. The carts were the downfall of the N64, but the 3DS, DS, etc used them and are both very successful.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
The Expansion Pack only increased the RAM to 8 MB, carts had a capacity of 512 megabits (64 MB), gone are the limited capacity of cartridges. The carts were the downfall of the N64, but the 3DS, DS, etc used them and are both very successful.
Meh, some games didn't changed anything with Expansion Pak, like Pokémon Stadium, nothing!
SNES Super FX chip was too op on my era.

Thread edited.
Thanks to all! :grog:

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This picture is very old. Here's the most up-to-date one:

https://s24.postimg.org/ofadlg603/Switch.png
Switch.png

FYI - Not sure if X-posting from other forums is allowed, but it's from this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ntendo_switch_lineup_wallpaper_update_thread/

Last edited by Maximilious,
Reactions: WiiuGold
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OTOH we don't know price or other incentives. If it's $2-3 a month, who cares really, would be as good as/better than MS and Sony as long as it had lobbies and voice chat. If it's $5/month, I'd expect at least Steam-level discounts on games occasionally in addition to the monthly "rental." Otherwise those NES/SNES games better be $5 or less to buy for subscribers. At $10/month or more I probably wouldn't play online and neither would anyone else.
Oh, yay.

Pay $59.99 and then pay another $3-5 here and there.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
This picture is very old. Here's the most up-to-date one:

FYI - Not sure if X-posting from other forums is allowed, but it's from this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ntendo_switch_lineup_wallpaper_update_thread/

More games at launch is good news, still only old games from Wii etc.
We need more games added by March and hopefully a great E3, I can totally be sold on the Switch still, I want to hacked soon too :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended