Hacking All PS3Xploit guides specifically say to use Rebug 4.81.2? Why not 4.82.X?

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried looking up several guides on how to install Rebug on a Slim PS3, and nearly all of them mention using a special modified version of Rebug 4.81.2, some of these guides were written after Rebug 4.82 came out.

Is there any reason they specifically want you to use 4.81.2 and not a 4.82.X version? Would you be able to upgrade to rebug 4.82.X later? The guide said you will brick if you attempt to hack your PS3 if it's already on CFW, but it was not clear if this meant if you attempt to do the full procedure on an already CFW PS3, or if you ever attempt to install a different CFW.

Also, is there any recommended guide? Some of them are fairly old/out of date, and it's a jungle trying to find which ones are more recent or using newer methods.

Finally, what happens if I need to replace the harddrive? Since on the slim models (and newer FAT models) that would require you to install the firmware, but I would be on CFW then.

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
It's because those were written before 4.82.2 REX/D-REX came out yet with only the LITE version available which lacks features many prefer using.

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because those were written before 4.82.2 REX/D-REX came out yet with only the LITE version available which lacks features many prefer using.

So then I don't need any kind of special/modified version of Rebug? I can just install the standard version while doing the while downgrade procedure?

D

Deleted User

You can install 4.82.2,just keep in mind that webman is now a seprate feature so you will have to install it as a pkg manualy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination