All Poke in Platinum

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hakoda, Mar 21, 2009.

Mar 21, 2009

All Poke in Platinum by Hakoda at 11:18 PM (2,688 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I just thought of an interesting question, how will we fit all 493 Pokemon plus all the new Pokemon's different forms? We barely fit them all on D/P. Is there an extra box?

With 493 Pokemon plus all the different forms of Unknown, Burmy/Wormadam, Shellos/Gastrodon, Deoxys, Rotom, Giratina, Arceus, and Shaymin, is there enough space?
    If so (probably), how will it be distributed?

~Jon

2. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    They will force your choices. Make you not have every Pokemon ;D

But maybe in the future Pokemon games, they will add extra box storage. They probably think that all Pokemon users aren't collectors, so they think we get a Pokemon, we use it for Pokedex data, then we just trade it off again...

3. Uchiha Obito

Member Uchiha Obito GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Even so... Some pokémon aren't quite the ones you would use... Like Magikarp... So why make room for them? Trade it and make more room for others is a great option!

4. Morganti

Newcomer Morganti Member

United States
    They want you to buy a WII, and everyones Pokemon Ranch [​IMG]
    ~D~

5. Leamonde.Halcyon

Member Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

United States
    Get some for pokedex completion and then DITCH THEM.
    Keep the ones you like [​IMG]

6. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You aren't really going to make a living Pokedex (all Pokemon eg Box 1: Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur...) so the number will be much lower than 493, eg you will have Box 1: Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard... instead of each one.

7. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    There are 18 boxes in Pokémon DPPt. Each box carries 30 pokés, IIRC. That makes a total of 540 pokés that can be stored. Are there 47 "alternate forms" to fill the remaining slots? If so, then just a few pokémons will be left out... not a big deal. I'd understand if someone wanted all the Unown forms, but why would you need a sample of each stage in a certain evolution line? Bragging rights?

8. Uchiha Obito

Member Uchiha Obito GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    And why is the Unown forms so needed? Only one is enough... You don't have any special mission to makes you have that!

9. TeraS

Member TeraS GBAtemp Regular

10. Joey Ravn

Spain
    As I said, bragging rights. At least, capturing them is a sort of "test", given the many forms there are.

11. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    That's right. Its kind of bullshit that you can't collect them all when the whole point of the game is too collect them all (depending on the person).

12. TyRaNtM

Member TyRaNtM I did some projects..

Chile
    You can have all 493 Pokémon, and also have space for other Pokémon:
    You have 18 boxes, with 30 Pokémon per box, with a total of 540 Pokémon.

493 + other Pokémon forms (like Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin and others).

Answering your question.. YES, you can have all Pokémon physically without any problem [​IMG]

13. mewcuss

Member mewcuss GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom

Although they are not essential to the completion of the game the unown that you catch help you obtain the various letter seals in a side quest. Also, when all 26 unown are caught another two become available to catch.

14. Joey Ravn

Spain
    I've already posted this, but since you seem to have completely ignored it...

Unown - 28
    Rotom - 6
    Burmy - 3
    Wormadam - 3
    Deoxys - 4
    Shaymin - 2
    Giratina - 2

I'm not counting Arceus' typing changes, nor battle-exclusive forms like Castform's. There may be more, but that list gives you a total of 48 different forms, not counting Shellos'/Gastrodon's recolourings to avoid getting too technical. 493 + 48 = 541. It seems that you are wrong and you can't fit every pokémon with its variations in your PC boxes.

15. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Joey Ravn is right, that's exactly what I meant but there's one problem with his conclusion.

He counted: Unown - 28, Rotom - 6, Burmy - 3, Wormadam - 3, Deoxys - 4, Shaymin - 2, Giratina - 2

All correct except each one of those Pokemon already have 1 entry in the national Pokedex. (Unknown has 28 types - 1 entry in National Pokedex = 27)

My Count: Unknown - 27, Rotom - 5, Burmy - 2, Wormadam - 2, Deoxys - 3, Shaymin - 1, Giratina - 1, Shellos - 1, Gastrodon - 1, Arceus - 16 (17 forms - 1 from Pokedex Entry)

That leaves us with 59 Extra Pokemon Forms. 493 + 59 = 552. Storage: 540, Party: 6 = 546. --> NOT ENOUGH

We did it in D/P but with the extra 7 forms we can't make it.

~ Jon

16. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    This is what I think...

Keep all the final forms of any Pokemon that are Female. Then have a Ditto. Keep all the legendaries, and if the legendaries have difference forms, then you should be able to change them anytime (eg. Rotom). The Unknowns are just for collectors that want to feel special. My friend actually had the time to catch everysingle one of them... And right now, I don't feel any different. So just catch one, and you should be fine.

This is what I am thinking right now. Also Giratina has 2 forms, but only one can be used in a section of the game (think it was that new place where you catch it).

EDIT: When I say legendaries, I mean any genderless Pokemon

17. TyRaNtM

Member TyRaNtM I did some projects..

Chile
    If you count Unown, you can't have all, but Unown aren't necesary to have, because are the same Pokémon with other form, not like other forms of others Pokemon, like Deoxys, that are a "little" different of his original form.

18. Cablephish

Member Cablephish Show me...

Canada
    There is enough room for EVERY single Pokemon, in all the boxes. The game was made like that. You can have one form of every Pokemon, and a box for all unowns. Trust me, it fits.

19. blazezaku

Newcomer blazezaku Newbie

Hong Kong
    is it possible to catch them all in platinum? (sry im a noob)

20. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    for those calculating forms, here are a list of all pokemons with forms:
    Bulbapedia forms