Hacking Question All installed software "corrupted"

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I was running a reiNX and SX OS build someone set up for me on discord loooong ago.
Today It seemed like needed atmosphere rather then reiNX. So I decided to install it after some difficulty. I managed to load atmosphere by directly running the fusee primary. (if I run via hekate the switch will be stuck on the switch logo for some reason)

I thought yes finally! Only to find out ALL my software suddenly seems corrupt. (yes I install sigpatches after.)
I check back on SX OS CFW and there too ALL corrupted..

I press check data for corruption and its all corrupted :S

HOW could this happen. this is huge!! I have a shitload of games :(

When I try to re-install homebrew menu with the nsp here from gbatemp I get an empty icon.
Also first i didnt get a msg with tinfoil, now it says:
"Tinfoil detected you mayb e running kosmos or hekate custom firmware. please not that mis may cause unexpcted failures launching games. force the re-installation of games and many other issues..." "for your own safety time and sanity of your nintendo switch use ReiNX,atmosphere/fusee primary or SX OS instead."

I get this message no matter if I run fuse primary or via hekate the SYS CFW" "Atmosphere FSS0 SYS"

........... I have no idea how to fix my games and how to stop this from happening in the future.

So
1. all my installed software is rendered useless.
2. I can't install anything at the moment on my switch because of some weird popup @tinfoil.
3. I can't use my switch at all now!

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So idk how it happend in the first place. Maybe like this.
But I found something out: In as such that I can replicate a part of the problem.

What is causing corruption for all of my games now... if I launch the "fusee primary" or "sx os" payload the installed apps I have re-installed work fine. if I however. launch via hekate, the SYS CFW" "Atmosphere FSS0 SYS" Then I will be in atmosphere it says... However .... Any app I now touch will be destroyed by corruption :S Any idea anyone?

PS on 8.01

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I was running a reiNX and SX OS build someone set up for me on discord loooong ago.
Today It seemed like needed atmosphere rather then reiNX. So I decided to install it after some difficulty. I managed to load atmosphere by directly running the fusee primary. (if I run via hekate the switch will be stuck on the switch logo for some reason)

I thought yes finally! Only to find out ALL my software suddenly seems corrupt. (yes I install sigpatches after.)
I check back on SX OS CFW and there too ALL corrupted..

I press check data for corruption and its all corrupted :S

HOW could this happen. this is huge!! I have a shitload of games :(

When I try to re-install homebrew menu with the nsp here from gbatemp I get an empty icon.
Also first i didnt get a msg with tinfoil, now it says:
"Tinfoil detected you mayb e running kosmos or hekate custom firmware. please not that mis may cause unexpcted failures launching games. force the re-installation of games and many other issues..." "for your own safety time and sanity of your nintendo switch use ReiNX,atmosphere/fusee primary or SX OS instead."

I get this message no matter if I run fuse primary or via hekate the SYS CFW" "Atmosphere FSS0 SYS"

........... I have no idea how to fix my games and how to stop this from happening in the future.

So
1. all my installed software is rendered useless.
2. I can't install anything at the moment on my switch because of some weird popup @tinfoil.
3. I can't use my switch at all now!
Turn your switch flight mode on and try again.
I just had the same issue

wuzziwozzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Got the same issue with mine always used fusee primary to boot.switched to Hekate today to try switchroot forgot to change payload injector on reboot and now have corrupted data on games and homebrew nsp's. Backed up my game saves and reinstalled the affected games and work fine now when boot from fusee primary but cannot get any homebrew nsp to reinstall just blank logo if they do

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got the same issue with mine always used fusee primary to boot.switched to Hekate today to try switchroot forgot to change payload injector on reboot and now have corrupted data on games and homebrew nsp's. Backed up my game saves and reinstalled the affected games and work fine now when boot from fusee primary but cannot get any homebrew nsp to reinstall just blank logo if they do
This is not normal behaviour I think though? btw your/my gamesaves are they wiped too? You have to be shitting me??????????????

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Turn it off and try
You just said turn flight mode on now you say off. sorry but I don't buy it. I don't think it has anything to do with this... I won't try because I dont want to re-install all the stuff I have now..
I just want to know how why this is happening.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is not normal behaviour I think though? btw your/my gamesaves are they wiped too? You have to be shitting me??????????????

You just said turn flight mode on now you say off. sorry but I don't buy it. I don't think it has anything to do with this... I won't try because I dont want to re-install all the stuff I have now..
I just want to know how why this is happening.
I had the same issue when i had wifi on. Turned it off and the same game worked with no issue

wuzziwozzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Game saves should still be there I did a backup with edizon just to be on the safe side. will try fresh install on new sd card tomorrow see I can get homebrew nsp's to install on that got 400gb of games on this one don't want to be messing with it now I have the games back up running!

wuzziwozzi

Trophies
XP
Country
You need the acid patches for hekate to launch atmos and have everything work properly.

Used these patches still never worked had to delete atmosphere from the sd card but the patches folder wouldn't delete kept throwing a corrupted data only on those files had to scan and repair the sd on Windows and was then able to delete the patches and reinstall them again[/QUOTE

Last edited by wuzziwozzi,

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Last edited by linuxares,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Has there ever been a solution? I have the same issue.
I believe once you try to run the games without proper sig patches applied, they are marked as corrupted and require a reinstall (after applying sig patches) to work.
Solution is easy:
https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases - if you use Hekate, download the BOOTCONFIG version.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/ - for Atmosphere. Won't hurt to install them even if you run Hekate as well. I run both to be sure.

See above
The first link has sigpatches for both Atmosphere and Hekate ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm