All Games Gone from PS4 System Menu "Other" Folder Exsists Instead How to Either Get My Game Back or Delete "Other" Folder ... FW 9.00 Goldhen

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're reading this or not I want to apologize to you godreborn. I actually know you from before this and used to get along with you even sold you the GC adapter for Wiimote. I am responsible for my own actions no excuses. You have no idea how much I've lost due to my anger issues and other issues, almost everything, that I am working on as you read this.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're reading this or not I want to apologize to you godreborn. I actually know you from before this and used to get along with you even sold you the GC adapter for Wiimote. I am responsible for my own actions no excuses. You have no idea how much I've lost due to my anger issues and other issues, almost everything, that I am working on as you read this.
Weed is what you need!

Reactions: Jayinem

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're forgiven. It did get heated. You're the one who sold me the GameCube adapter on psx place? Works perfectly! :D. Btw, I have some weed for you. ;) I no longer smoke it.

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldnt just removing the games' install folder fix it being stuck in other? My guess is that the system tries to install the game but sees that the folder already exists and tries to relink it but for some reason fails

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agreed with a format if you just want to start over but formatting will never fix your games.

To fix internal hard drive games your options are:
Backup your app.db and restore it (doesn't appear you did this)
Run the python script (you won't be able to delete any of your games without editing app.db)

To fix external hard drive games:
Unplug external
Run Goldhen
Replug external
Wait a little while for the games to load and reappear

Neither of these scenarios require a format. Formatting literally means I'm giving up and starting over because you're erasing all data on that hard drive and Hen cannot save it after that

This is the correct python script for 9.0 (if internal games are missing) https://github.com/aizenar/PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT

Formatting the internal will not fix your external games either.

Again if you just want to start over fine, but it is not a fix. Unplug > GoldHen > Replug works 100% of the time unless the games are already gone somehow.

But I can see my advice is falling on deaf ears because it's not even being attempted so good luck to you.

I had this EXACT problem and re running Goldhen and plugging the drive in DID NOT fix it for me. Also restoring a previous DB backup did not help either so its not guaranteed that either mothed will fix your issue.
The only thing that worked was a complete reinitialisation of the PS4 i lost about 4Tb of games that day.

• Wow

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this EXACT problem and re running Goldhen and plugging the drive in DID NOT fix it for me. Also restoring a previous DB backup did not help either so its not guaranteed that either mothed will fix your issue.
The only thing that worked was a complete reinitialisation of the PS4 i lost about 4Tb of games that day.
Damn Sorry to hear that that's horrible ...4TB of lovely games mine would not load until after the 3rd try but they magically all popped up ... my internal HD was easy to fill up again its only a 500 gig HD .. i was panicking at the time our net sucks for the most part takes some time to get all that back ... i think at some point my ps4 crashed with the Hack USB still inside .. but im not 100% this other folder thing happens to normal ps4 systems i found out when googling the problem .. just a touch of bad luck for us both i guess

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn Sorry to hear that that's horrible ...4TB of lovely games mine would not load until after the 3rd try but they magically all popped up ... my internal HD was easy to fill up again its only a 500 gig HD .. i was panicking at the time our net sucks for the most part takes some time to get all that back ... i think at some point my ps4 crashed with the Hack USB still inside .. but im not 100% this other folder thing happens to normal ps4 systems i found out when googling the problem .. just a touch of bad luck for us both i guess
I’ve actually had to re initialise the PS4 twice recently. I have all pkg files backed up on another external so I don’t have to go searching for the hands again and can just start the loooong install process again!

• Haha

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve actually had to re initialise the PS4 twice recently. I have all pkg files backed up on another external so I don’t have to go searching for the hands again and can just start the loooong install process again!
I know I know... Sorry bro
Been there done that everytime over the years I hacked something WIIU.. 3DS whatever it might be I end up getting stuck doing it for family & friends too....

noraaeel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
did you use the database rebuilder script?
Hi yes I did. I'm on 9.00, using GoldenHen.

So what happened was that I 'Rebuild Database' on PS4 after numerous crashes. I did this because I thought it would help in the crashes that was happening. The problem is, after doing so, my games were missing so I used this, Aizenar's PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT.

After doing so, my games reappeared. I can play them, no problem. The problem is I couldn't delete them or when I go to 'System Storage' on the PS4, I couldn't 'see' each game individually, they were all just grouped under 'Other'. Now, I have tried installing a random game (Alien: Isolation) and it appeared like normal on my 'System Storage' (I could see the title Alien: Isolation and it wasn't like the other games in 'Other').

Any solution to get it back to normal where I can have options to either move to HDD or delete them?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
other might be the category type. most games are gd iirc. and, the inability to delete is that canremove has changed to 0. both of these things are in the app.db in system_data/priv/mms. you have to manually fix it or use the app that someone made in @KiiWii 's thread. I can't recall who made it, but it fixes the delete problem, so you won't have to do it yourself. you'll have to ask in there or search around, because I can't remember the name of it or who built it.

Reactions: SuperDan and KiiWii

noraaeel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
other might be the category type. most games are gd iirc. and, the inability to delete is that canremove has changed to 0. both of these things are in the app.db in system_data/priv/mms. you have to manually fix it or use the app that someone made in @KiiWii 's thread. I can't recall who made it, but it fixes the delete problem, so you won't have to do it yourself. you'll have to ask in there or search around, because I can't remember the name of it or who built it.
Ah I see, so I probably have to use SQLite or Filezilla over FTP connection to do this right? After changing the value from 0 to 1, the delete option will be back but will I have the option to move it to my external HDD as well?

noraaeel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
yeah, I think you should. afaik, the canremove option is like a lock on an sd card to where you can't cut either.
Ok, I will give that a try later after work. Thanks alot for your help! I'm abit unsure after doing that stupid 'Rebuild Database' on the PS4 so I had to ask around just to be safe.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I will give that a try later after work. Thanks alot for your help! I'm abit unsure after doing that stupid 'Rebuild Database' on the PS4 so I had to ask around just to be safe.
you should backup your app.db once everything is fixed. it will save you, because rebuilding the database does more than just stuff with games or the databases themselves. you can just reinject it once you've done that to have everything back. you just have to log off the current user and log back in iirc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should actually backup all databases in that location, because the addcont.db (the dlc)-- all fpkgs are removed after a kp. I have no idea why it's only that with a kp, but you'll have to reinstall all of them, I think. I don't know for sure if dlc works if it's not in the addcont.db though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@