Hacking All games going to black screen using USB loader

DMPugh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried Resident Evil Chronicles, another one that I'm pretty sure hadn't been scrubbed. Game works like a charm.

I'm off to get some more untouched ISOs. Will keep posted, but I have a feeling this is what the problem was.

DMPugh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game working so far:

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Elebits
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Not sure if these games have something in common...?

DMPugh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, interesting new development:

I got Super Mario Galaxy installed onto my external hd through USB Loader GX (with the disc I had previously burned), and it works.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a lot of updates. Since no one has responded yet, you should just edit your previous post instead of adding a dozen new ones. Anywho..

You should try to do a S.M.A.R.T. check on your drive (assuming there's a FAT partition on it somewhere.)

Have you tried to reinstall whatever cIOS you're using? I've seen similar issues where people were updating 249, and used 249 (as opposed to using ios36) as the trucha-ios to actually run the cIOS installer.

Scrubbed games wouldn't matter. I've got all my games scrubbed, then rescrubbed by my WBFS Manager. Never an issue.

Then again, it may be because you're trying to play Elebits.. :wtf:

DMPugh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was pointed to WBFS for MacOSX, and am using that program to add ISO files. This appears to have solved my problem (3 games added so far work that weren't working before).

PR0r

Trophies
XP
Country
DMPugh said:
Okay, interesting new development:

I got Super Mario Galaxy installed onto my external hd through USB Loader GX (with the disc I had previously burned), and it works.

Interesting..I had a similar problem with a HDD with 60 odd games. I wanted to add a FAT32 partition so I copied all my games to another drive added the partition and then copied them all back and every game except one wouldnt load would all black screen. I tried different CIOS, different Wiis and different WBFS managers but no matter what I did theyd all black screen. Games that I added with the original disk would save and load without any problems so I had to start from scratch.

There seems to be a lot of people having the same problem and it would be good to find out the common cause.

Im thinking WBFS Manager is the problem.. but I still dont know exactly what. the Drive to Drive function does work as I have used it in the past aswel as copying selected/individual games.

Was your copy of Super Mario Galaxy a direct copy of the original or had you burned the ISO that was saved onto your WBFS formatted drive..

Also since I can no longer copy any games from a friends or any other HDD.. those games still black screen. So I have no idea how to make my drive play games that arent installed using an original disk..
grog.gif

trendicoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it looks like the source of my problem is the HDD, I tried to put my new problem games on a thumb drive and poof they work perfectly. I think WBFS manager has problems incrementally adding games over time and perhaps fragments the drive.

Tonight I'm going to wipe the drive clean and reinstall the games and see if that works. if not, time for a new drive.

Hope you have some luck too!

mercenaryza

Trophies
XP
Country
i get the same thing with my drive... its very strange, i know its not my system caus i borrowed a mates HDD and all it perfect.

i got a wd320gb b8b revision
wink.gif

Mykle666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just a thought, but I am having this sam issue, and almost everyones I have seen on the forums with this issue has a 320gb hdd.

danmanchester198

Trophies
XP
Country
Think i may have found a solution -my hdd was working with all games apart from new mario bros (i use wiiflow to load games), but then had this same problem after updating to 4.1e with the intent of getting mario working. Installed all hacks, custom iso's etc... only to find that opening wiiflow bought up all the games, covers, etc.. ok (indicating a working drive) but when i tried to run it i received a black, hanging screen.

My solution was this - for some reason when my cracks have been installed something seems to happend to the display settings. If you try to open a game in ntsc when running a pal system the result is usually a hanging black screen. Now even though my system settings are pal i have to set my video to pal, or auto patch. If i leave the loader to get its own default settings it doesnt work.

Dont know if this is the same for everyone, but having certain games working would imply that they are possibly different video region settings. Try messing about wih your video / region settings in your loader & see if it helps.

If it works let me know - ive leached good advice of all these forums for years (mostly because ive never had anything constructive, or interesting to say) so it would be nice to finally give abit of help back

Dan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety