Homebrew All 3ds homebrew icons disappeared from home screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorbJr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i hacked my 3ds (running verison 11.11.0) with Luma around a month and a half ago and everything was running great. I installed all the ususal stuff like Luma, checkpoint, FBI and I installed a emulator to play old gameS and installed 3ds CIA's which ran perfectly.

Around about a week ago I switched my 3DS on and found that all my 3ds homebrew icons and 3ds CIA games had disappeared from the home screen. The emulator that I used was still on the home screen but it refused to load.

My first thought was to check if the SD card was running and that it hadn't corrupted. When I put my micro sd in the PC it ran fine and to my surprise everything was still on the SD card (cfw, roms, cias and so on). I have attached a photo to show what the Micro Sd card looks like. I'm just confused to what to do to bring them back to the home screen. I can still load up stuff like godmode, and the luma launcher (the one where you hold L+Down+Select)

I was wondering if anybody had this happen to them and what they did to fix it. I have considered wiping the SD card and starting from scratch reinstalling cfw, but I wanted to check if there was any other way to bring them back before I did that.

Many thanks :)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i hacked my 3ds (running verison 11.11.0) with Luma around a month and a half ago and everything was running great. I installed all the ususal stuff like Luma, checkpoint, FBI and I installed a emulator to play old gameS and installed 3ds CIA's which ran perfectly.

Around about a week ago I switched my 3DS on and found that all my 3ds homebrew icons and 3ds CIA games had disappeared from the home screen. The emulator that I used was still on the home screen but it refused to load.

My first thought was to check if the SD card was running and that it hadn't corrupted. When I put my micro sd in the PC it ran fine and to my surprise everything was still on the SD card (cfw, roms, cias and so on). I have attached a photo to show what the Micro Sd card looks like. I'm just confused to what to do to bring them back to the home screen. I can still load up stuff like godmode, and the luma launcher (the one where you hold L+Down+Select)

I was wondering if anybody had this happen to them and what they did to fix it. I have considered wiping the SD card and starting from scratch reinstalling cfw, but I wanted to check if there was any other way to bring them back before I did that.

What 3ds is this?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Copy everything off your card (I will keep recommending Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier for this until I hear a good reason to do otherwise). Then format your card, test it with h2testw to make sure it's still good, and copy everything back. See if that helps.

D

Deleted User

There is no need to reinstall cfw a simple way to get all of your games back is by using Godmode9 to convert them to .cia files

How to Convert games on the SD card to .cia files using Godmode9

1: Boot Godmode9 and enter the following directories [A:] SYSNAND SD -> title

2: Hover over the directory labeled 00040000 and pres R+A then from the list of options displayed on the bottom screen select -> Search for titles this should bring up a list of results simply select one title from the list and from the list of options displayed on the bottom screen select -> TMD file options... -> Build CIA (standard)

3: Wait for the process to complete and there will be a .cia file built to 0:/gm9/out which can be installed using
FBI

after following the above guide cut and past the Nintendo 3DS folder from your SD card to a secure location on your PC then boot your 3ds and allow it to create some home menu management information then reinstall the previously created .cia files with FBI if you have save data you wish to keep please leave a message and I will type up a guide for that as well I hope this helps good luck -Ryu

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Confusion_18

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try running this through homebrew launcher, it's a lot less time consuming than reinstalling all of the cias. It might now work but it's worth a shot:
faketik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1