All 3 Skyrim DLC's coming in February for PS3. 50% off all for short time.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_Logo1.jpg

Issues with Skyrim on the PS3 have made a tale as epic as the game itself, DLC, or indeed the lack thereof, has played a large role in that. Now it seems things are finally making their way to the PS3. It will be an interesting launch as DLC traditionally only sells well when the game is still relatively fresh and it has also been available for other platforms for some time (which has also seen the game be discounted quite heavily).

Today we’re excited to announce that, next month, we’ll be releasing all of Skyrim’s add-on content on PlayStation Store. The 1.8 title update will also release just prior to the launch of Dragonborn. We’ll keep you posted as release dates get finalized both on our end and with Sony for each and its various languages. Last but not least, each add-on will be 50% off during its launch week on PSN.

:arrow: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-land-on-ps3-in-february-50-off-for-one-week/

If you ask me, it's about time.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still not sure if fans will be happy or not. 2 years right? still great news for ps3 game owners.
Some mod erased my reaction...... wtf? I can understand adding what they did, but erasing my opinion/reaction?

Anyway, yes, I am very excited for it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still seems like a ripoff.

The first DLC should be free all together, second should be 75% off, and the third should be 50% off. Not to mention, only a week? Really Bethesda? You are still charging your game full price after this long just because it has the Elder Scrolls name printed on it, you fucked up the PS3 version and tortured PS3 owners, and it'll only be on sale for a week? Because you know the game hasn't already made you tons of money so it's not like you can't afford this. Go fuck yourselves.

AkiroWolfman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow just wow, I never actually thought myself that I would see this news I mean what it's been a year and 3 months or something. That's quite long for DLC especially when the Xbox has had Dawnguard for months now but I'm finally glad it's coming. I know some people will be put off of buying it now but I'm glad it's here for those that do.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your reaction/opinion never left.

Geeze, I'm an idiot sometimes....:wtf:

Also, Mods are nice and stuff, but only for the PC (if you don't have a modded console). Except For trophy hounds/whores like me, I'd much perfer the console versions. Seeing as I don't have a 360, it becomes pretty clear why I'm wanting it on PS3.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still seems like a ripoff.

The first DLC should be free all together, second should be 75% off, and the third should be 50% off. Not to mention, only a week? Really Bethesda? You are still charging your game full price after this long just because it has the Elder Scrolls name printed on it, you fucked up the PS3 version and tortured PS3 owners, and it'll only be on sale for a week? Because you know the game hasn't already made you tons of money so it's not like you can't afford this. Go fuck yourselves.
Yeah no, I don't think they owe PS3 players jack all. Honestly you guys should feel grateful that you're getting a 50% discount on all the DLC for any length of time. That stuff doesn't go down in price until a year or so all of it is released.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah no, I don't think they owe PS3 players jack all. Honestly you guys should feel grateful that you're getting a 50% discount on all the DLC for any length of time. That stuff doesn't go down in price until a year or so all of it is released.
I can confirm this.
Hell, if I had a PS3 this would be the only game I'd bought all year, together with Ni no kuni. Otherwise, all useless. Skyrim man, epic game and IMHO one of the best of this generation.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm this.
Hell, if I had a PS3 this would be the only game I'd bought all year, together with Ni no kuni. Otherwise, all useless. Skyrim man, epic game and IMHO one of the best of this generation.
It's not even that it's good. Bethesda doesn't owe shit. They're in it to make money and free stuff isn't the way to do it. You aren't entitled to the DLC because they made you wait, or because the PS3 is a harder system to code for. Better late than never and this goes double since the problems with the PS3 version were huge. I would hate have my saves corrupted because of something that went down in crappy code.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not even that it's good. Bethesda doesn't owe shit. They're in it to make money and free stuff isn't the way to do it. You aren't entitled to the DLC because they made you wait, or because the PS3 is a harder system to code for. Better late than never and this goes double since the problems with the PS3 version were huge. I would hate have my saves corrupted because of something that went down in crappy code.

So Bethesda doesn't owe players anything for a horrific port?

I don't think you understand what "owing" means.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Bethesda doesn't owe players anything for a horrific port?

I don't think you understand what "owing" means.
The port is not "horrific". Even as someone that doesn't own a PS3 I know most of the problems have been fixed through patches. Vanilla Skyrim runs almost as well on the PS3 as it does on the 360. Bethesda "owes" PS3 players nothing. I'd surprised they're actually willing to slash the price of the DLC in half. That's crazy generous for a 2 year old ES game, and it adds to the reasons I love Bethesda.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?