Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a new un-used copy: lol only $270
Screenshot 2023-12-19 144440.png

Post automatically merged:

I'm bout to goto Gamestop n grab few things, but I will def look for a used copy of this!

Last edited by BigOnYa,
  • Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly, you’d want to swap in the Tonyhax international boot cd with this so that you get:
* ability to play multi disc games
* correct CDDA audio (can anyone confirm CDDA games are broken with this? I fully expect them to be).
* anti-piracy games will work correctly

If anyone can find a USA copy of this for sub 100 I’ll buy it ;)

I see there was no Japanese release for this game?

Also I fully expect this to work with a PS2 using a swap magic tool (39004 and below). Just use that once the disc drive stops…
I feel like the price makes a lot of sense.
Not that i defend it but it is a late PS1 release from 2001.

By then, people were thinking more about the PS2, late releases on PS1 always fetch more money due to the limited print run of those games.

alexfree

Trophies
Website
alex-free.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I feel like the price makes a lot of sense.
Not that i defend it but it is a late PS1 release from 2001.

By then, people were thinking more about the PS2, late releases on PS1 always fetch more money due to the limited print run of those games.
Quarter million sales according to wikipedia
Post automatically merged:

Another thing mottzilla pointed out is this wouldn’t do laser recalibration after swapping the disc, which is needed for VC2+ consoles (circa SCPH5501 and above) to get good disc reading performance since those consoles have auto bias and gain functions. This is something Tonyhax international also addresses. All in all this is only really useful to start another boot disc

Last edited by alexfree,

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I just got myself a PAL copy for like 10€ (CIB italian release). Now I just need to find an unmodded PSX to test if it works for PAL too, but I don't see why not.

PRO-TIP: you can also look for the translated title, at this point people who are selling with the localized cover are getting less offers/lower prices.

alexfree

Trophies
Website
alex-free.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I just got myself a PAL copy for like 10€ (CIB italian release). Now I just need to find an unmodded PSX to test if it works for PAL too, but I don't see why not.

PRO-TIP: you can also look for the translated title, at this point people who are selling with the localized cover are getting less offers/lower prices.
Nice... it will work just fine SCEE wobble is SCEE wobble.

I updated the Tonyhax International Boot CD docs: https://alex-free.github.io/tonyhax-international/boot-cd.html#how-to-use-the-boot-cd explaining the limitations of this method (like all the other boot CD entry points). If your not booting an intermediate boot disc with this it is very very limited compared to modern scene loaders.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch, yeah just saw the ebay price hikes. I might get a copy local if i can get it before they update the prices to the new bs one like my local shops like to do.... one of them doesn't even go by sold listings and marks them a few dollars under the highst price they see at the time, litterally just has stuff colecting dust in there. Was wanting one for the fun of it but i can just make a pico mem card for any hax needs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch