+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I just started doing some photos, after buying myself a nifty Nikon D80... And I thought that GBAtemp could use of a Photography Topic... So there it is!

So I will start with my 3 first "good" photo that I did.

LachinePostlowres.jpg

SirGeorgeSimpson.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg
Okay, that one might be photoshoped a little bit.

Akoji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well all those photos are taken like... from 15 min from my house, the school in the last photo is like face to face with my house, when I look out the window I see it.

Thanks for the comments
smile.gif

Oh and people who do some photography, don't be shy to add your photos too
smile.gif

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yay! I've been looking for a reason to go out and take random photos! I have some at home that I might post. I have a Canon 400D (Rebel XTi). Jealous of your D80! I was looking at that one, too, but this one I got for a nice deal in Hong Kong.

Akoji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah well it's still a nice camera
smile.gif

But wear warm clothes... it's freaking cold, my hands were like... half frozen when I got home after doing the photos, and I had some gloves on. Ah it's fun to live in Canada haha. Can't wait for spring, I will be able to make some photo even at night and not be half dead because of the cold weather.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cold is right! It was -36C with the wind chill a few days ago! It has since warmed up a bit... but still! I think we're averaging around -20C recently.

EDIT: Ooo, 400 get.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, here are some quick photos I grabbed from home. It's hard browsing through thumbnails using a remote desktop... so I'll look for better ones later! These are more of whatever photos... no art to be seen here!

Dirty tire from my brother's truck
ayaihs.jpg
Happy Christmas kitty
smile.gif

vhvxif.jpg
14dm25v.jpg

EDIT: Spoiler tags.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, the flash was on. But I had set the flash to -1ev... I think. EXIF says Exposure N/A for some reason. I'm sure I set it because she would be all white that close to the flash!
biggrin.gif

EDIT:
What I really want to buy is a speedlight so I can control the flash a bit more (and flash more than 20 times per minute
ohmy.gif
) And a new lens because I'm just using the stock lens kit!
frown.gif

Akoji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I'm still on the stock one, it's a 18-130mm I think... and I don't have a flash on it beside the built-in one. But I'm not really interested in flashes, I don't think I would do a lot of portraits, but I will get a better one one day.

Oh and how do you see the EXIF? (I save in RAW and opens them on Photoshop.)

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, as far as EXIF goes, I'm pretty sure you can just [right-click > properties > summary tab > advanced view] in Windows XP. It'll give you a whole lot of information.

That works for my jpegs. I don't normally use RAW mode unless I REALLY want to be serious. Of course with RAW mode, you might have to use your Nikon program to view the extra information.

Akoji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh well, Photoshop should be able to read it too, and I'm quite sure that the context menu should work too.
I'm going to look at that tonight.
Do you use manual settings are you only shoot with the auto setting?

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Manual if I'm feeling adventurous. Mainly to take photos without the flash and, hopefully, with a tripod.

Auto if I'm just doing point-and-shoot photos with family and friends. There's also a portrait mode that I like for focusing on closer things and everything else blurry. I forget what that settings is called, but it has something to do with setting the -fstop to a 'low' number! Usually a number like 5.6 for me. I'll learn terminology later
biggrin.gif

xLadyKx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
Manual if I'm feeling adventurous. Mainly to take photos without the flash and, hopefully, with a tripod.

Auto if I'm just doing point-and-shoot photos with family and friends. There's also a portrait mode that I like for focusing on closer things and everything else blurry. I forget what that settings is called, but it has something to do with setting the -fstop to a 'low' number! Usually a number like 5.6 for me. I'll learn terminology later
biggrin.gif

Aperture-priority
smile.gif
But with portraiture, f/11 works best. Your pictures are nice though. I love the kitty shots but I'm biased because I love cats no matter what.

Glad there's a topic on photography. I mainly do portrait photography right now but I'm expanding as I get more lenses. I shoot with a Canon Rebel XTi. I was going to get the 40D but decided to go with a cheaper camera so I can get more lenses. Anyways, here's two photos I'm fond of on my laptop as an example of my photography. Both were post-processed using actions in Photoshop.

Maternity1.jpg
RaiKev1_CR.jpg

Akoji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@LadyK
Nice photos
smile.gif

I like the first one the most.
There's something beautiful about a pregnant woman
smile.gif

@Green0scar
I love the last one, I always like something with light effect like that.

If a mod can change the topic name to GBAtemp Photography Topic! it would be sweet.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Akoji said:
Hey, I just started doing some photos, after buying myself a nifty Nikon D80... And I thought that GBAtemp could use of a Photography Topic... So there it is!

So I will start with my 3 first "good" photo that I did.

LachinePostlowres.jpg

SirGeorgeSimpson.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg
Okay, that one might be photoshoped a little bit.
Haha I know that place, I remember passing by it sometimes when I go to school...

Meh I do have a Canon EOS Rebel XS but nothing really to take pictures of. :/

xLadyKx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Akoji
Thanks. That's me, by the way
smile.gif

@Green0scar
The last picture is great. The lighting is great, I would've loved it more if there was bokeh. What lens did you use?

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0