akiao issues

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by idc117, Sep 25, 2008.

Sep 25, 2008

akiao issues by idc117 at 1:23 AM (1,510 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. idc117
    OP

Newcomer idc117 Newbie

United States
    iv been testing/trying to use akiao for about 2-3 weeks. i like it it has more features then the rpg firm.
    that said
    i noticed 3 issues. so i will post them here for you to see

the download cheat data base dosent work. yea i kno it works for some ppl (has a 90% work rate for ppl who can use it bla,bla),but every one else is screwed.

if u experienced this next problem let me kno so i dont feel crazy
    changing multiple patches for a single game is unstable. for example, on club house games. i open the properties for CHG then switch: "ds download play" "softreset" and the cheat thing from "default" to "disable". i hit "A" it saves and i go to file info. without exiting the file info (it dosen't matter if you do or not) i press "Y" and change the same 3 options back from "disable" to "default". i hit "A" it "saves". but when i check my hard work every thing is still on "disable".
    it seems like there are certain conditions that must be met in order your patch options to be saved, because all of the options 3 will change to "enable" but will not go to "default" unless you change them one by one, excluding "soft reset" which is an asshole and will not change from "disable" to anything by its self.

the unknown/auto feature for saves dose not work it just creates a new save over whatever one you had before (tested the unknown/auto on acww, CHG and customrobo arena, fail = 100%).
    iv been fighting the save system afterwork for the past 3 days. the game wont recolonize my damn acww save. i used the converter website but the kard ignores it and overwrites it.

well those are the main things bothering me
    everything else is a minor annoyance

can anyone else relate?
    any help ya may have is appreciated

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    saving writes data to the .sav or .nds.sav file, it doesn't make a new file it appends it. i have no idea what "acww" means but i can confirm that not all saves load up. my r4 mario kart save won't load, and i also converted with shinyweb. i did get it to load once in the new beta firmware but since the recent beta version it doesn't load again. i finally gave up and started to replay the game.

these are the issues you have to deal with when using opensource firmware updated by 2 people. if there was a paid team behind this, i'm sure more bugs would be ironed out. again just make smiths and norm aware of it and let them run with it.

-another world

3. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    i found that per rom option thing not working and doin what you said.
    there was a corrupt file (who knows why) and i forget thename but it's the one that stores the rom settings.. it's in __aio, and I think it's a .bin file

Delete it.

4. o RedSheLL x

Member o RedSheLL x GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @ another world, just saying, acww is the game Animal Crossing: Wild World.

5. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Is it "optionlist.bin"?

6. ozzymud

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dont have that file (only savelist.bin from the update feature), so i would assume it would be safe to delete optionlist.bin [​IMG]

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    ok cool, i was never into doing that i always typed out names =P

-aw