AKB48 Budokan Concert will be live-streamed on Youtube

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea what you've just said, to be frank. :)

As I've said earlier, I do like Boom Boom Satellites, so hey! The list isn't all that bad. In fact, that particular band is actually popular outside of Asia - they did the soundtracks for Appleseed, Vexille and a couple other cool movies which saw a worldwide release.
I meant like the idol, hate the person who created it....you've heard of one of the lesser popular acts so I'm astounded.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's popular outside of Japan... also China has a multitude of problems from piracy to anti-Japanese feelings in general.

So it's not popular in China, then. It's also not popular in South Korea and only popular in Singapore to "some" degree (a huge market for music, I'm sure), as you admitted yourself. So... where else is it popular?

I think you kinda, sorta, completely contradicted yourself there.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's not popular in China, then. It's also not popular in South Korea and only popular in Singapore to "some" degree (a huge market for music, I'm sure), as you admitted yourself. So... where else is it popular?

I think you kinda, sorta, completely contradicted yourself there.
I forgot Taiwan in which it does well...no it has a sort of popularity in South Korea, no number one's though.But obviously K-Pop destroys it in South Korea.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I click all sorts of youtube links yet I have no clue who Ayumi is, so going by that I'm guessing that she isn't well known at all.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I click all sorts of youtube links yet I have no clue who Ayumi is, so going by that I'm guessing that she isn't well known at all.
Third best selling Japanese musical act (after B'z, and Mr.Children).....Best selling Japanese solo artist.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot Taiwan in which it does well...no it has a sort of popularity in South Korea, no number one's though.But obviously K-Pop destroys it in South Korea.

You're kind of tripping over yourself and your past statements here. Like I said, J-Pop is not popular outside of Japan and some segments of Asia.

If you expect people outside of that bubble (on the whole) to be familiar with it, prepare to be disappointed.

Reactions: gamefan5

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, there are no Christians in Japan....95 or more is either Buddhist or Atheist or a mix with Shinto.

tumblr_mgu4v9PW7L1rxk02xo1_400.gif

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're kind of tripping over yourself and your past statements here. Like I said, J-Pop is not popular outside of Japan and some segments of Asia.

If you expect people outside of that bubble (on the whole) to be familiar with it, prepare to be disappointed.
It actually feels like he's living in his own world. Popular is a relative term and it's sort of a fact that J-pop is not that popular outside of Japan and outside of a few asian countries. It's irrefutable.

DarkraiHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
AKB48... Why did I read that as AK47... T_T

In the mentioned groups/bands I only know Nightmare, who sang Girugamish(I think?)
Other than the list, I also know of Hikari Utada (Kingdom Hearts c: )

Sorry, but I don't see myself getting any more familiar with J-Pop anytime soon. :c
And if we're talking about popularity in Asia, then K-Pop pretty much has that won. :s

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

In the mentioned groups/bands I only know Nightmare, who sang Girugamish(I think?)

Sorry, but I don't see myself getting any more familiar with J-Pop anytime soon. :c
And if we're talking about popularity in Asia, then K-Pop pretty much has that won. :s
Yeah...but South Korea's music market is rather tiny compared to Japan's...Japan has the second largest market right after the U.S.. And last year Japan outranked U.S. in music sales. To be fair, K-Pop artists best sales tend to come from Japan when they sing in Japanese. http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/4776405.html an article about Japan's music sales, and showing it compared to the rest of the world.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

No one blames you :)

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
AKB (and 99% of Japanese music) is really unknown to the rest of the world, just because they don't want to. Like others said, a niche market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-