AKB48 Budokan Concert will be live-streamed on Youtube

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Source:http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/4789023.html
Oh, I'm gonna watch some of these concerts, but I will definitely not miss AKB48's concert!!!!!!!
List of the concert YouTube Japan will be streaming
Golden Bomber (4/27 - 5/6 @10:00 everyday)
Sekai no Owari (4/27 @22:00, 5/2 @21:00)
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (4/29 @14:00)
AAA (4/29 @22:00)
BOOM BOOM SATELLITES (4/30 @23:00)
Nightmare (5/1 @20:00)
Shonen no Kaze (5/3 @12:00)
Koda Kumi (5/3 @22:00)
Yakushimaru Etsuko (5/3 @23:00)
Livetune (5/4 @18:30)
Flumpool (5/4 @21:00)
Hyadain (5/4 @22:00)
Hamasaki Ayumi (5/4 @23:00)
VERBAL (5/5 @21:00)
Denki Groove (5/6 @20:00)

AKB48's concert will be on April 28th. Hope you all enjoy some of these concerts.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I recognize and enjoy BOOM BOOM SATELLITES, the rest doesn't ring a bell.
You probably recognize hyadain who did a bunch of videogame remixes with lyrics on youtube and kyary the girl from the ponponpon video. They're pretty much unavoidable.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't listen to Kyary though and I'm not familiar with Hyadain at all.
I'm familiar with the name hyadain because it pops up on youtube when I search for old video game tunes, haha. No idea who any of these are other than that...

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recognize and enjoy BOOM BOOM SATELLITES, the rest doesn't ring a bell.
seriously you've never heard of Ayumi Hamasaki, Japan's best selling solo artist....or AKB48?

FAO MODS: Plse rename this this offical jopo/otaku/weeaboo music thread plse thks xxx
Stop hating on other people's musical choices, because they listen to Japanese music.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
seriously you've never heard of Ayumi Hamasaki, Japan's best selling solo artist....or AKB48?
Oh, I've heard of AKB48 - it's that band with the whole silly "graduation" thing going on where the ladies take an oath to be pure and whatnot that I think breaks human rights and infringes upon their freedom - sure I've heard of them. Hamasaki on the other hand, I haven't heard of the artists before.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I've heard of AKB48 - it's that band with the whole silly "graduation" thing going on where the ladies take an oath to be pure and whatnot that I think breaks human rights and infringes upon their freedom - sure I've heard of them. Hamasaki on the other hand, I haven't heard of the artists before.
It's not just AKB48 that has people graduate (Morning Musume, Idoling, PASSPO,etc). But glad you've heard of them.
Sorry, not everyone lives in the J-Pop echo chamber.
You know Ayumi Hamasaki has been popular for about 15 years.....her popularity is waning now though.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's not just AKB48 that has people graduate (Morning Musume, Idoling, PASSPO,etc). But glad you've heard of them.
We actually had an argument about how inhumane that system is earlier this year, I think. I've heard about them from the negative side, y'see.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
We actually had an argument about how inhumane that system is earlier this year, I think. I've heard about them from the negative side, y'see.
Oh that's easy then, go to YouTube and visit their channel and check out their videos to see the positive side!

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With who, exactly? J-Pop's pretty niche outside of, you know, Japan.

"Popular" is such a relative term, isn't it?
But 50 million sales isn't....... it does have some popularity in Singapore, not much in South Korea due to various laws, and no need to even bring up China due to a multitude of reasons.
No thanks. I'm not used to putting coins in the purses of people whose actions I find despicable. ;)
What about the idols...don't you care about them at least...hate Akimoto Yasushi but not Tomo-chin.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What about the idols...don't you care about them at least...hate Akimoto Yasushi but not Tomo-chin.
I have no idea what you've just said, to be frank. :)

As I've said earlier, I do like Boom Boom Satellites, so hey! The list isn't all that bad. In fact, that particular band is actually popular outside of Asia - they did the soundtracks for Appleseed, Vexille and a couple other cool movies which saw a worldwide release.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But 50 million sales isn't....... it does have some popularity in Singapore, not much in South Korea due to various laws, and no need to even bring up China due to a multitude of reasons. And this means...?

So it's niche outside of Japan and some segments of Asia. Your point?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
But 50 million sales isn't....... it does have some popularity in Singapore, not much in South Korea due to various laws, and no need to even bring up China due to a multitude of reasons.

HAHAHAHAHA.

No.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
They use the term "sotsugyuo" or "graduation" for everything related to taking a new direction in life, when quitting ones job, taking up a new hobby, or whatever. It's not a thing exclusive to these groups and it doesn't make much sense to see it replaced with the word graduation in English, it simply means to move on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: