AKAIO wi-fi/multiplayer

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Kishire, Mar 23, 2009.

Mar 23, 2009

AKAIO wi-fi/multiplayer by Kishire at 11:42 PM (1,353 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Kishire
    OP

Newcomer Kishire Advanced Member

United States
    So I got a AK2 (2.1 I think) recently and used AKAIO with it as everyone suggest. It's also my 1st time using AK2 so I don't know a lot about it. But I had a lot of games in my AK2 now but when I try to play wi-fi or multiplayer with a friend (who doesn't have any card), and he just download my game(s) while I host. But not all games seem to work in wifi =/
    Some game like space invaders extreme didn't work, while metroid prime pinball did.
    Is there anyway I can fix this or akaio/ak2 just doesn't support wi-fi/multi/online for all games?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Tomy Sakazaki

Member Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
  3. Kishire
    OP

United States
    Sorry, I forgot to mention, I did enable the DS Download Play, and when that didn't work, I tried to do the same thing for the individual game itself, but the result was the same, it still didn't worked. It just kept saying something like "communication error".

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the sticker on your acekard will say 2.1 if it indeed is. before you blame the flash linker, blame the settings and the units involved. try various settings such as dma-mode, dma-quick save, non-dma mode. try with different patches. softreset takes up ram, ram that may be required for the download play patch on that certain game. make sure you are using the most recent build of akaio and the most recent loaders. try it with more than just your 1 friends ds. his ds wifi receiver may have issues. finally try with commerical carts and not just roms.

-another world

5. Kishire
    OP

United States
    Can someone explain to me what dma-mode, dma-save, and non-dma mode is? I don't think this is in the wiki is it? and the wiki seem to be offline rite now so I can't check.

and do you think if I disable soft-reset it might work? well guess I'll have to try with my friend again next time to know.

6. Another World

Colombia
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO#DMA_Mode

All of the patches require an area of RAM to work. The game must also load code into the RAM. The original game code was not written for ROMs running on Flash Linkers. As a result it may use up the full amount of RAM without any assumptions that other code might require it. Soft-reset, Cheats, etc will all use a portion of RAM. If that portion is overwritten by the game code that patch will fail to work, and/or the game may fail to load. So yes, turning off all patches but download play may fix the issue. Please list any fixes you find at the GBATemp AKAIO ROM Compatibility WIKI.

Do some testing and report back with what you find.

-Another World

7. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
  8. Moose13

Member Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Kishire,
    I had the same problem for the longest time. I flashed my firmware on the DS with FlashMe.
    Now every game I throw at it works without a flaw.

See this link for more info:
    Previous multiplayer thread

Hope this helps

9. Another World

Colombia
    smiths: i'll add the bulk of that info the the FAQ in the wiki. like you said, its not like anyone will read it anyways.

-another world