Hacking Multiplayer Problem

APurpleChair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just started using an Acekard 2.1 with a new DS.
I am having problem playing multiplayer games (specifically FIFA09 and Brain Academy) with another DS (with no card in slot).

I can establish initial communication, but when trying to download the software, after a few moments the transfer stops and I receive a message such as "Communication discontinued. Turn off the power" on the child DS. The host just sits there still trying to transmit.

Setup:
Acekard 2.1 with 2GB Kingston MicroSD. Latest AKAIO.
2 x DS Lite

I have tried

a) Enabling Download play in ROM
b) Enabling Download play globally
c) Using AK2 loader

The problem persists.

Any ideas? Am I supposed to be able to do this with a flashcart?

Purses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You SHOULD be able to do that, the question is why can't you..?

Does wireless work on both individually?

fedgerama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me, too. I flashed my DS with FlashMe, and I haven't had that problem since.
It might have something to do with the RSA encryption on the wifi. (not smart with hardware related stuffs, so don't flame me T-T )

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fedgerama said:
This happened to me, too. I flashed my DS with FlashMe, and I haven't had that problem since.
It might have something to do with the RSA encryption on the wifi. (not smart with hardware related stuffs, so don't flame me T-T )

I've been having problems with many multiplayer games as well as download play. How do you Flash the DS with FlashMe?
My kids will love you forever if you can solve this for me
yaynds.gif

Edit:
I got the info. I didn't know there was a "FlashMe" section. I never heard of FlashMe. Sounds like you can flash using the Acekard and shorting out pins.
I scanned through the section and noticed that people say that there's really no need for FlashMe if you have a Slot 1 card (or Acekard).
But if this will solve my multiplayer problems, that I've been wrestling for a few months, it'll be a great find.

Can anyone else confirm that FlashMe resolved their multiplayer problems?

Edit:
Woohooooo!!!!!!! It worked!!!! Mario Kart with Multiplayer. My 2 boys thank you (well I'm thanking you because they don't know yet, they're sleeping).
I need to go through and try the other multiplayer games. I just needed to report that THE game I've been trying to get working is working flawlessly now.

Thanks fedgerama!!!

APurpleChair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Moose13 said:
Woohooooo!!!!!!! It worked!!!! Mario Kart with Multiplayer.

So did you simply download the flashme.nds to your Acekard and then run it (shorting the pins)?
No other hardware required?

I'm just really worried about bricking my new 100GBP DS!

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
DS Lite and DS Phat flashing is so harmless it isn't funny. just don't wiggle the shorting pin too much (i use an eyeglass screwdriver each time)
and just be patient.
the hardest part is looking at the screen while holding the screwdriver on the other side.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
APurpleChair said:
Moose13 said:
Woohooooo!!!!!!! It worked!!!! Mario Kart with Multiplayer.

So did you simply download the flashme.nds to your Acekard and then run it (shorting the pins)?
No other hardware required?

I'm just really worried about bricking my new 100GBP DS!

Yep, just get the flashme.nds and run it off your Acekard. I put scotch tape around a precision screwdriver to short the pins.
The hardest part of the whole thing was removing the screw that holds on the battery cover. (I didn't have a 00 philips, just a 0).

Easy as pie.

APurpleChair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for everyone's input so far.

Update:

I have flashed both DSs.

FIFA09 now appears to work.
biggrin.gif

Big Brain Academy still does not.
mad.gif

I presume that there is nothing else to try?

What I don't totally understand is whether this is a problem with the Acekard, the ROMS, AKAIO or the DS itself.
If I were to get another card e.g. Edge or CylcoDS would I still have this problem?

Any more ideas?

APurpleChair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Further update:

FIFA09 now does not work. I think it must have been a fluke first time (?).

I have since bought a CycloDS and can report that I have not had a single problem.

This probably points the finger at a dodgy Acekard.

To anyone considering buying an Acekard, just be aware that these multiplayer problems can exist.
sad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt