lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Normmatt said:
Lakerfanalways said:
gumbyx84 said:
Sadly confused more about the easter egg. So when you put egg.zip on your MicroSD, it writes somethign to akmenu4.nds and then displays that message?

Edit/Update: Reading a thread or two in the ROM hacking/translation forum about how 1.7.1 doesn't work with DQ9. Also, someone said something about the cart crashing (displaying nothing but a white screen) after changing settings and saving them. This happened to me, but all I did was restart my XL and there was no problem. All the settings saved. Anyone here care to try to repeat is bug?

So the game does work? What setting should I have the game set at so it does not crash?
Works yes, fixed the AP no.

I've uploaded the working version on the official forums and uploaded the new loader to the loaders page.

Sorry guys.

o.O it mean it will still freeze in later point ? for DQ9 still not yet completely playable?

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Joltlord said:
tk_saturn said:
Joltlord said:
I am going to wait until I know of any issues that could arise, I stayed away from 1.7 itself because of the reverting to default options that I could never fix
It's an issue with your MicroSD card rather than AKAIO 1.7. It's been determined that on some MicroSD cards there's a small amount of unallocated space, before and after the partition. You can use Gparted to resize the partition, there's a link in the AKAIO WiKi.

I never did understand gpart and also I couldn't find a tutorial for what I needed, they were all "windows reboot cd" types

It's very simple to use Gparted by minimal efffort

1) Use google to find gparted in ISO file format
2) Burn to CD by any CD Burner software or use google to find "unetbootin windows" or "Universal USB Installer" for make bootable USB
3) Set your computer to boot from CD or USB for booting gparted. There are a few command prompts, just press enter serveral times until show Gparted windows.
4) Insert the MicroSD that you need to resize and use menu -> refresh drive? (I'm not sure what it's called) .
5) Select the the correct drive for resize partition ( It's usually be sdb1 or whatever).
6) Right click on green bar and click on "Resize ..." pop-up menu.
7) Fill space around that partition, click OK and click Apply.

By the way, if you didn't get what I explain, stick on what it is.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lakerfanalways said:
So DQ9 works now?? Do I just need to replace the AKAIo 1.7.1 with the newly uploaded one or do I need to add the new loader too??
You can just update the loader over WiFi or from the AKAIO site.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Lakerfanalways said:
So DQ9 works now?? Do I just need to replace the AKAIo 1.7.1 with the newly uploaded one or do I need to add the new loader too??
You can just update the loader over WiFi or from the AKAIO site.

Never done it that way before..plus I'd like to backup my stuff just in case something goes wrong. Im on 1.7 right now..how do I update via wifi? then I would also have to update the loader as well

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
It it worries you, just extract the entire AKAIO archive Normmatt linked to.

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=557&f=8

http://www.akaio.net/forum/download/file.php?id=113

I could add a repack to filetrip as Another World isn't around, but he tends to get a little upset when people do that.

Again you will get error messages when extracting on 3 files, but it's just where the NTFS security permissions have been added when archiving. Will cause no problems.

Awesome thanks so much..so this also includes the fixed loader as well?? Thanks again. Hope this works with the BAHAMUT version of DQ9..has anyone tested it?

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
^^^
^^^
Very fast fix. Great job.

I fast tested on 1.7.1, I'm very happy with it because previous bugs are fixed. At this time, I couldn't find any bug on it. I feel Normmatt and AKAIO team are really care for their AKAIO fans.
yay.gif
yay.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unless you have an Acekard R.P.G it's not something you should worry about, and if you do have one you should already know what it means.

It doesn't apply to the Acekard 2.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tales of Innocence English seems to not be working for me with this new update. It simply hangs at the Loading screen, with the word "Loading" in yellow. I've never seen that before.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
tk_saturn said:
http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=557&f=8

http://www.akaio.net/forum/download/file.php?id=113

I could add a repack to filetrip as Another World isn't around, but he tends to get a little upset when people do that.

firmware is the same, its just a loader update. norm repacked it with the new loader. users can add loaders on their own. i honestly don't see the point in a repack for this 1 game fix, thats like uploading a repack after each loader update. i'll just make a note in the first post to download the new loader.

-another world

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Opps....

You weren't online, and the n00bs would have been whining so I did upload a repack to filetrip with the new loader. I couldn't be assed to install Mirc, but I did check the logs and you didn't seem to be online there either.

Plus it had the archive extraction errors. While it didn't effect it, there would have been n00b posts about not being able to extract.

error.jpg

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i disabled your filetrip upload for now. unless this gets to the point that tomorrow this thread is 30 pages long and filled with posts asking why dqix isn't working and/or how to update the loaders =P.

i'm trying to un-clutter filetrip as i did with the old gbatemp download center. right now its full of extraneous uploads and i want to limit that as much as possible.

thanks for doing the 1.7.1 link updating on the wiki. i think we need to sit down and do some major updates to the wiki sometime soon. there have been some new features we should talk about, some gui additions, and some info which couuld go in the faq (direct sd saving, new loading mode, etc). i'm pretty busy in real life right now so if you want to make any edits feel free. i will sit down and try to clean it up and check for errors early next month.

cheers,
-another world

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest, I think a lot of that requires more knowledge of AKAIO than I have. Hence the reason i've left updating those sections of the WiKi to you.

There is an updated DMA image in my guide should you wish to use it.

Daminite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've never been able to get the wifi update to work. i always gat an error message after it tries to connect to the akaio site. i think it says mallok error or something like that but i can play online with the games just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O