RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried 42 All time Classics earlier.
At first I thought it was freezing when I tried to load it, but in actuality, it was just taking a pretty long time.

No biggy.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
RupeeClock said:
At first I thought it was freezing when I tried to load it, but in actuality, it was just taking a pretty long time.

No biggy.

i said this already in this thread... loading time may be increased for some users with some roms due to the fact that the loaders are doing more now then they were before. you are looking at maybe a 1-3 second increase. again, thats maybe. many people have not reported any increase and others reported it as "i feel like" or "it seems like."

-another world

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
hackotedelaplaque said:
BIG NEWS !
I tested on my old DSPhat and it works ! So it's not a card fault (maybe not a clone after all), but DSIXLL fault ! What could be wrong with it ? Il already tried to disable wifi but it still stucks after loading screen.

[Quick edit] Maybe because Slot2 is missing on Dsi ?

That's not big news, AKAIO 1.6 being released was big news.

We know it's a clone, just because it works on your phat doesn't mean it's not. These are clones of the Acekard 2.1 fudged to work on the DSi. I believe on the DSL they are displayed as being Acekard 2/2.1 in the home menu. Because they have HW ID of 8080 like genuine Acekard 2.1's, it may be difficult for AKAIO to determine that are clones; but if it's running on a DSi, piece of cake!

Send it back to your retailer for a genuine card. If you try hacking AKAIO 1.6 oaders to work with 1.5.1 to get it to work, then that makes you no better than Rudolph in my book.
no better than Rudolph in my book? You're a lame ass.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
hackotedelaplaque said:
CannonFoddr said:
Basically, when it comes to HW numbers of acekards - the general opinion in the posts I've read is

Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:80 = Possible Fake (although it seems AKAIO 1.5.1 still works with this version)
.....Or can we use Akaio 1.5.1 with akaio 1.6 loader so we can benefit of tne increased game compatibility ?
Apparently this can't be done easily - I've got a reply about 1.5.1 and 1.6 loaders to a query I asked about & it seems that loaders now have 'new encryption'

That's the entire reason 1.6 was delayed, new encryption to make sure you could only use the loaders with 1.6 so that clones and other carts can't steal the hard work of the AKAIO team instead of providing support themselves.

EDIT: Added the quote in since I posted late.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
tk_saturn said:
hackotedelaplaque said:
BIG NEWS !
I tested on my old DSPhat and it works ! So it's not a card fault (maybe not a clone after all), but DSIXLL fault ! What could be wrong with it ? Il already tried to disable wifi but it still stucks after loading screen.

[Quick edit] Maybe because Slot2 is missing on Dsi ?

That's not big news, AKAIO 1.6 being released was big news.

We know it's a clone, just because it works on your phat doesn't mean it's not. These are clones of the Acekard 2.1 fudged to work on the DSi. I believe on the DSL they are displayed as being Acekard 2/2.1 in the home menu. Because they have HW ID of 8080 like genuine Acekard 2.1's, it may be difficult for AKAIO to determine that are clones; but if it's running on a DSi, piece of cake!

Send it back to your retailer for a genuine card. If you try hacking AKAIO 1.6 oaders to work with 1.5.1 to get it to work, then that makes you no better than Rudolph in my book.
no better than Rudolph in my book? You're a lame ass.

All he has to do is send it back to the retailer for a replacement, not a big deal.

All these R4 and clones users whining about getting AKAIO to work on their carts annoy me.

If it weren't for people running AKAIO on clones and R4's, then 1.6 wouldn't need to be encrypted and 1.6 wouldn't have been delayed. On my class 2 card, there's a big slowdown loading AKAIO 1.6 and loading roms, which is presumably down to the encryption.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
RupeeClock said:

No biggy.

i said this already in this thread... loading time may be increased for some users with some roms due to the fact that the loaders are doing more now then they were before. you are looking at maybe a 1-3 second increase. again, thats maybe. many people have not reported any increase and others reported it as "i feel like" or "it seems like."

-another world

8 seconds to boot.
It takes long enough for someone to think it may have frozen, since AKAIO doesn't display a progress meter during LOADING.

Just sayin'

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Rydian said:
If you're not seeing a progress bar, change your skin to one that has one.
Erm - bit of a misunderstanding here i think
You get a Progress bar while in AKAIO GUI then you get the word 'Loading..' which changes colour depending on how the game is getting loaded (Red/Green/Blue) - there isn't a graphic used @ this point or even a bar - so all you see is 'Loading...' until the game actually starts & you should see the 'Nintendo' logo

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:

As he says it takes 8 seconds to boot, I imagine he's refering to the "Loading" displayed when you boot AKAIO rather than when you load a game.

On mine the delay is during the black screen after "Loading" when booting AKAIO, it's on a slow card though so may be far less of an issue with faster ones. I'll have to order another high speed card.

MUDjoe2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mudjoe2.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
On mine the delay is during the black screen after "Loading" when booting AKAIO, it's on a slow card though so may be far less of an issue with faster ones.
I have noticed this as well, but as long as everything boots fine I could care less, to be honest. As a side note, the amount of people complaining over a 1-3 second increase in load time for something they're not even paying for is astounding.

Regardless, great release AKAIO team (and of course thanks to the beta testers and all those who made this possible).

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
As he says it takes 8 seconds to boot, I imagine he's refering to the "Loading" displayed when you boot AKAIO rather than when you load a game.

On mine the delay is during the black screen after "Loading" when booting AKAIO, it's on a slow card though so may be far less of an issue with faster ones. I'll have to order another high speed card.

I've got a class 6 4GB card in mine, and it does take longer than before to load, though not 8 seconds. I tested with a couple games of different ROM sizes (though this doesn't seem to matter.)

Club House Games (16MB) = 6 or 7 seconds
Mario Kart (32MB) = 6 seconds
Star Trek: Tactical Assault (16MB) = 4 seconds
Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (128MB) = 3 seconds

Club House Games is the one where I notice the delay most, it seemed to load rather faster under the 1.5.1 drivers. Still, the delay is not intolerable and probably won't take long to get used to.

All this was on an Acekard 2i & DSL.

-Atashi

p.s. it might have to do with what other things are going on - I have soft reset enabled, DS Download & Play disabled, Cheats are enabled but none of the games I tried have any cheats enabled on them.

Vania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What a great month, I ordered my AK 2i before 15 days from 0SZ and it will come at any time from now on, and soon I'm going to buy the new DSi XL, and now a new version of AKAIO is out, big thanks to the developers (Normatt, Smith, .....etc).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
RupeeClock said:
8 seconds to boot.
It takes long enough for someone to think it may have frozen, since AKAIO doesn't display a progress meter during LOADING.

Just sayin'

akaio boots instantly for me. roms boot instantly for me. i tested in on my rpg (both sd and nand), ak2, ak2.1. i'm using 1gb japanese kingston, 2x2gb japanese kingstons, 3x8gb class6 transcend cards all formatted with the panasonic formatter. no idea what your problem is, but with that said is 8 seconds really *that* big of a deal?

what you should do is point the finger at the person responsible.... [email protected].

-another world

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Rydian said:
Erm - bit of a misunderstanding here i think
You get a Progress bar while in AKAIO GUI then you get the word 'Loading..' which changes colour depending on how the game is getting loaded (Red/Green/Blue) - there isn't a graphic used @ this point or even a bar - so all you see is 'Loading...' until the game actually starts & you should see the 'Nintendo' logo
You're right. ^^; Tried it with a big/AP'd rom and noticed the loading text stayed on for two seconds or so more.

Yay class 6. >_>;

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
akaio boots instantly for me. roms boot instantly for me. i tested in on my rpg (both sd and nand), ak2, ak2.1. i'm using 1gb japanese kingston, 2x2gb japanese kingstons, 3x8gb class6 transcend cards all formatted with the panasonic formatter. no idea what your problem is, but with that said is 8 seconds really *that* big of a deal?

what you should do is point the finger at the person responsible.... [email protected].

-another world
I'm using an 8GB Sandisk Mobile Ultra, Class 6, formatted with Panasonic Formatter.
8 seconds is kind of a big deal if we're talking a whole audience of users, it's not negligible, but I can tolerate it.

Maybe it's the Acekard 2i itself. It's a legit one for sure.
Or maybe it's simply the amount of data on the microSD, I estimate there was about 2000+ files on it.
I tried deleting a few hundred files I never use any more, and AKAIO seemed to run smoother. (I couldn't get it to freeze up by navigating through folders)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
Leivra said:
It looks a noobish question but seriously what RC stands for?
I searched everywhere but I couldn't find an answer. (lol)
Release Candidate
Couldn't of searched very well could you - it's already been answered here in this very thread & you'll see I even found a WIKIpedia entry as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==