Hacking AKAIO: Stuck when opening games

Smellfungus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Today my AK2 arrived and I packed my brand new Micro SD with games, skins, homebrew and the most up to date AKAIO. I also upgraded the loaders just to be safe and tried it in my DS. Everything worked fine until it came to loading up a game. Each rom fails to load, sticking after the loading text changes from blue to green. I managed to get a simple homebrew game (Explosive Gas) to work but nothing else. I've reformatted the SD card, reinstalled AKAIO multiple times, used a number of different loaders, and even switched the akmenu4.nds in the root directory with the AK firmware file I downloaded from acekard.com.

I've tried everything I can think of and have trawled through every relevant piece of information I could find. The card has all the hallmarks of being the real deal and AKAIO doesn't complain when I load it up. Any solutions?
mellow.gif

Smellfungus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
2.1. Forgot to mention that when I switched the menu file with the official firmware release menu file I could play roms but AKAIO was pretty screwed up.

Smellfungus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gah, if that's true then I've wasted a whole 6 hours of daylight.
mad.gif
Technology, pah.

If it is a bad batch copy then is there anything I can do save fiddling with the menu files again?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Smellfungus said:
Gah, if that's true then I've wasted a whole 6 hours of daylight.
mad.gif
Technology, pah.

If it is a bad batch copy then is there anything I can do save fiddling with the menu files again?
I seem to recall something about future builds of AKAIO fixing the bad batch problem. Until then use the recently updated official firmware.

Smellfungus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that's good enough for me, I wasn't even expecting to see my card for another couple of weeks. Cheers!
gbasp.gif

I seem to remember reading that AKAIO can load up saves from any other firmware so long as it ends with .sav, so will it work with the official stuff?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Download oficial acekard OS 4.22 (special for those cards with problems you have)

AKAIO will fix it too (I heard), but dont know when. Till that time you could play and dot worry for your saves. AKAIO support sav and nds.sav files and it is compatible with Acekard saves (and can convert them in system
biggrin.gif
)

Oujisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, its a bad batch Acekard, I got the same thing. The official firmware is kind of shitty compared to Akaio since it lacks a lot of compatibility. Akaio said theyre going to release a new version which fixes it like a month ago, but it seems to have been delayed somewhat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong