AKAIO Saves

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kurtisboyd, Apr 2, 2010.

Apr 2, 2010

AKAIO Saves by kurtisboyd at 5:03 AM (1,293 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. kurtisboyd
    OP

Newcomer kurtisboyd Member

Australia
    Ok, so I used to have an M3 Simply, and I started playing Pokemon Heart Gold on there. It created a 512kb save as it normally does.

Now I have an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.6RC2, and I just transfered the save and game from my M3 to my Acekard. The save is still 512kb.

I can play Heart Gold fine, I'm almost up to the 3rd gym. Will the 512kb .sav produce any problems later on in the game, eg when I get to Kanto?

If so, what should I do? In the ROM settings, there is an option for the .sav file size. Can I just select 1mb (or whatever it is), and it'll make it bigger and keep my progress, or will I have to start again?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Nope. I also migrated from an M3 DS Simply and all my saves worked out of the box. So basically if your game is working as it did before, don't mess with the settings as it may make it worse. You won't encounter any other problems because the fix for HGSS was based on the ROM not the SAV. Also make sure all your saves have *.sav extension (notice how its all lowercase).

3. kurtisboyd
    OP

Australia
    Ah ok cool, I just thought that maybe Johto would be fine, but Kanto would require the bigger sized save or something.

4. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I think it does. There's another thread going on where a few people have had their savegames screw up when entering Kanto. Others said that they were fine when they switched to 1 MB (or '8M' as it calls in in AKAIO). Personally I'd backup my save game and then switch to a larger file size.

5. kurtisboyd
    OP

Australia
    So by switching the save size in AKAIO to 8M, my game won't be over-written and I should be able to keep going from where I last saved from and not have to start again?

6. s1811

Newcomer s1811 Member

Germany
    Yes. I did the same and discovered no problems...

7. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yes, but back it up regularly anyway.

8. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Wow that's interesting. I didn't know that. I assumed it was fine at 512KB.

9. XFelixX

Newcomer XFelixX Member

United States
    i always just keep the save type on auto. i don't know if it does anything special, cus i haven't played that big of a save yet, but hey, you never know.