AKAIO Questions

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DudeMG, Jan 26, 2010.

Jan 26, 2010

AKAIO Questions by DudeMG at 1:52 AM (1,522 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. DudeMG
    OP

Newcomer DudeMG Member

United States
    Hi, awhile ago I got an AceKard 2 which I have been running on my original (fat) DS. I was running the official firmware (software?) until there was a game (which shall not be named) that I had trouble with that AKAIO supported. So the other day I got AKAIO 1.5.1 and just put it on the acekard and it works fine. But I'm reading about loaders, is there something I need to know? Also, what if my Wi-Fi network has a password, how can I wi-fi update? And last question, how to you soft-reset (is it the same as the official software?)?
    Thanks so much!

2. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Read the wiki.

It's all there.

3. DudeMG
    OP

Newcomer DudeMG Member

United States
    Sorry, I know its a forum person pet peeve when someone asks before searching. But I still am not clear, my router has a WPA password, not WEP. So is WPA supported or not?
    Thanks!
    Edit: And I'm still not clear about loaders

4. Hayatkaizer

Newcomer Hayatkaizer Advanced Member

United States
  5. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Loaders are the files that make games load and the files that you update when there's a game fix. Loaders can be updated through the AKAIO WiFi option but since your router is WPA protected, you'll have to change it to WEP or update them manually. No flashcard supports WPA WiFi due to the fact the DS Phat/DSL never supported it and that the DSi hasn't been properly hacked. To update loaders manually go to here. Download the file and unzip it. Copy the ak2loader.nds to SD:/__aio/loaders. Overwrite the existing file.

Please make sure to check out the AKAIO Wiki before asking these questions.

~ Jon

6. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    I'll focus only on the internet portion of your question. You'll need to change your router to WEP under the Wireless Security settings (that's what my router has is under). WPA and better is for all other wireless gaming systems. Make sure you've changed your wireless network mode to include b. Most should have a setting showing B/G, B-only, or Mixed. Use a wifi game to update the settings. Go get your primary key password and use that to connect to the internet. YMMV.

The other option is just to update the loaders manually.

Soft reset for the AKAIO is L+R+A+B+down.

7. Aeter

Member Aeter A walking contradiction

Netherlands
    The link is not the most updated one.
    Last loader there dates back to 01/06/2009.

http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/
    This is the link with most up-to-date loaders. These are the latest from 01/01/2010.

8. DudeMG
    OP

Newcomer DudeMG Member

United States
    Thank you very much everyone! I think i can live without the wi-fi so I'll just keep my router as WPA. We have a few computers on it and I don't want to cause any trouble with it.