Hacking Akaio Detecting my acecard 2 as a clone?

mori123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had this acekard for like over a year yet when i update to the newest akaio It comes up claiming i Am using a clone when i am clearly Not. Did the clone routine get a update? or something? any suggestions As i am not using a clone?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, AceKard 2 and 2.1s are easier and more common to clone than the 2is since the 2is have updatable firmware. So if AKAIO is telling your your 2/2.1 is a clone, then it's a clone.

mori123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its an acekard 2i i have updated the firmware On it twice and it works On every single Other akaio except this current edition.

and off the top of my head without loading up a utility i don;t Know my hwid.

mori123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
akaio 1.81 is what i am using atm hw: 81 svn: 994
there might be more #s on the svn but a red off button is covering them is there is. the 4 is barely visible as the button covers it mostly as well.

Awesomeslayerg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
80s are clones 81 i dont think they are
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesomeslayerg said:
tongue.gif
Not true.

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410
1. AK2 Green PCB pre-FAT/FAT error - HWID 40
2. AK2 Green PCB *fixed* FAT error - HWID 41
3. AK2 Green PCB, windowed CPU, FAT fix and a 2.1 sticker - HWID 41
4. AK2.1 Light/Dark Green PCB - HWID 80
5. AK2.1 Black PCB - HWID 80
6. AK2.1 Blue PCB - HWID 80
7. AK2i Black PCB - HWID 44
8. AK2i Yellow/Black PCB - HWID 81

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
twiztidsinz said:
Awesomeslayerg said:
tongue.gif
Not true.

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410
1. AK2 Green PCB pre-FAT/FAT error - HWID 40
2. AK2 Green PCB *fixed* FAT error - HWID 41
3. AK2 Green PCB, windowed CPU, FAT fix and a 2.1 sticker - HWID 41
4. AK2.1 Light/Dark Green PCB - HWID 80
5. AK2.1 Black PCB - HWID 80
6. AK2.1 Blue PCB - HWID 80
7. AK2i Black PCB - HWID 44
8. AK2i Yellow/Black PCB - HWID 81

should be noted that there are two clones that report a legit HWID number. this number is 44 (Xilinx Spartan Chip Clone and EON Chip Clone).

i should be receiving a sample of the new ak2i shortly, so i'll report in a week or so if it has a new HWID.

-another world

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Mine says HW:81 SVN: 1073 with the latest 1.8.6. It was already flashed for DSi and it had a Christmas edition box. I'm able to flash it for DSi again and it doesn't brick it. I don't opened the shell just removed the acekard logo but I couldn't see anything which show me mine would be a clone. The 1.8.5a worked without any problem even the AAP. I can even use the newest 1.8.6. firmware and I can load games with it but after the 3rd softreset it say mine is a clone. I still can use it to load game everything working but after the softreset it again say mine is a clone. I'm using it on DS Lite. Currently I use the 1.8.5a version of akmenu4.nds and it is working even with the loaders of the 1.8.6.

My acekard could be a clone or the 1.8.6. akmenu4.nds is bugged? It very strange it only occur after the softreset and older versions are working. It also very strange the first two softreset returned the menu without any problem but after that every softreset bring up this Clone windows.

Any idea?
unsure.gif

Edit: reload after skin change bring up the menu without any problem and I can load games, too. Only after softreset doesn't work.

HotSauce23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm more or less on the same boat as Gaboros except I'm using it on the DS Lite..basically everything I do a soft reset it'll indicate my card is a clone except it happened the first time doing it.

Acekard 2i - AKAIO v1.8.6 HW:81 SVN:1073

man if my card turns out to be a legitimate clone that would lame lol..got it from 0ShippingZone over a year ago..damn those shady Chinese people lol (shame coz I'm Chinese lol)

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
HotSauce23 said:
I'm more or less on the same boat as Gaboros except I'm using it on the DS Lite..basically everything I do a soft reset it'll indicate my card is a clone except it happened the first time doing it.

AKAIO v1.8.6 HW:81 SVN:1073

man if my card turns out to be a legitimate clone that would lame lol..got it from 0ShippingZone over a year ago..damn those shady Chinese people lol (shame coz I'm Chinese lol)

I'm also using it on a DS Lite. I tried to format and copy everything back but now every softreset say may card is a clone. :/

Edit: I checked the akaio forum and someone write that there:

"Other: only appear on my sandisk micro sd class2 8gb. In my micro sd 4gb Silicon Power Class6
and the 4gb microsd Emtec Class4 this warning does not appear."

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=908

So looks like this is SD card related and our card isn't a clone.
smile.gif

I hope it will be fixed soon but I can use the 1.8.6 loaders with the 1.8.5a without any problem.
smile.gif

HotSauce23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gaboros said:
HotSauce23 said:

I'm also using it on a DS Lite. I tried to format and copy everything back but now every softreset say may card is a clone. :/

"Other: only appear on my sandisk micro sd class2 8gb. In my micro sd 4gb Silicon Power Class6

smile.gif

I hope it will be fixed soon but I can use the 1.8.6 loaders with the 1.8.5a without any problem.
smile.gif

ah..was just skimming through your post and only noticed the "flashed for DSi" part so I just assumed lol

hmm..maybe I should test the SD card issue..thing is I only have Transcend lol..used to use a Kingston class4 4gb but then swapped it out due to some compatibility issue with the AKAIO firmware.

I also tried reformatting and that didn't help. Though at the moment I don't really care that it says my card's a clone on soft-reset since I barely do it to begin with and as such I'm just gonna sit on 1.8.6.

Only thing I'm worried about is incompatibility with future updates if my card is a clone..so hopefully we'll get some clarification on the issue.

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
HotSauce23 said:
Gaboros said:
HotSauce23 said:

smile.gif

smile.gif

ah..was just skimming through your post and only noticed the "flashed for DSi" part so I just assumed lol

hmm..maybe I should test the SD card issue..thing is I only have Transcend lol..used to use a Kingston class4 4gb but then swapped it out due to some compatibility issue with the AKAIO firmware.

I also tried reformatting and that didn't help. Though at the moment I don't really care that it says my card's a clone on soft-reset since I barely do it to begin with and as such I'm just gonna sit on 1.8.6.

Only thing I'm worried about is incompatibility with future updates if my card is a clone..so hopefully we'll get some clarification on the issue.

Yeah, I was frightened, too. May acekard is new and hard to get it in my country so I was very worried about this. But know looks like it isn't a clone.
smile.gif

A lot of people confirm this so I hope our isn't a clone.
smile.gif

supersonic124

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue. I know my acekard isn't a clone because I have 2 different acekards from 2 different places and they're both being picked up as "clones". I got the first one in Janurary 2009 before clones were even made so I'm 100% sure it's not a clone, and my second one came from a "legit" place. It's the software.

Acekard is a fucking lazy P.O.S flashcart company. Give us some fucking new firmware instead of relying on akaio and forcing shitty anticlone viruses on us.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup