Hacking AKAIO and Plugins

spark1223

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original Acekard firmware had plug-ins to play mp3s and videos and stuff, what about AKAIO? Any way to use the old plugin to integrate these features? Are there new plug-ins? Or is it impossible to integrate with AKAIO and I have to use a 3rd party homebrew? If thats the case, what beside moonshell is like a media center? (I remember reading how to integrate moonshell with AKAIO, is that safe?)

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No plugins are gone for good. I never used akaio when they were included so I dunno what they were like anyway but I think it makes perfect sense to concentrate akaio development on what is important.

You shouldn't have any problems using moonshell and its very good imo (Make sure you have soft reset disabled in akaio though cause the homebrew softreset I heard conflicts with it).

I don't do the integration thing so I wouldn't know about that (There are indepth topics explaining how it can be done on this site though). I just use akaio and load moonshell when I need to. Its v. convenient as I can soft reset back to akaio afterwards if I need to and it works v.well.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Me (well he might've read one of my posts) - I reported it to the AKAIO team on their Forums

There IS a way around this - use the 'moonshl2_altloader.nds' instead of the normal 'moonshl2.nds' or 'moonshl2_Directboot.nds' & AKAIO works fine with 'Softrest' enabled

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Strange... I use AKAIO 1.6 rc2 and Moonshell 2.10 with the normal "moonshl2.nds" and soft reset enabled and so far I don't have any issues.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plugins were removed in AKAIO 1.5. Use MoonShell 2.10. Not a big deal, you just have to press a couple more buttons...

Soft reset fix:

This is the old method, but it still works.

1) Go to the root of your SD card, copy akmenu4.nds.
2) Go to SD:\\moonshl2\resetmse
3) Paste akmenu4.nds there.
4) Rename akmenu4.nds to RPGS.nds and replace the existing file if there is one.
5) Boot MoonShell 2.10 and hit Start --> Return to System Menu. MoonShell 2.10 will boot back into the AKAIO menu.

There is no difference between this and launching the akmenu4.nds from the MoonShell file browser. Note that each time there is a major AKAIO firmware update, you must repeat this process to update the RPGS.nds in the "resetmse" folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk