AKAIO and EZ Flash V 3in1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by EJames2100, Apr 6, 2010.

Apr 6, 2010

AKAIO and EZ Flash V 3in1 by EJames2100 at 3:29 PM (1,124 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. EJames2100
    OP

Member EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    My 3in1 worked perfect and my R4(With YSMenu), I transferred all the saves and stuff over for my GBA games a while ago and only just got round to playing them.

(All my GBA games have been SRAM Patched)
    I opened my GBA Folder and clicked a game, when it loaded it didn't recognize my save file(They are named as GameSave.sav) and went straight to New Game Screen.
    Tried some other games and the same happened.
    Checked the 3in1 Settings on AKAIO but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas ?

Also tried the newest EXPLoader, and it seems to crash a lot(Dunno if it does in-game but the program crashing isn't good news), oh but it did load the game saves I did have.
    and it's also messy when I open it up on pc(Not a big deal but still...)

So is there anyway I can get it working like it did/still does on my R4?

2. Atashi

Member Atashi Out of the Loop

Canada
    On AKAIO, gba saves are named with the game file name.gba.sav, so:

GameName.gba would have the save GameName.gba.sav

The saves go in the same folder as the games.

Hope that helps.

-Atashi

3. EJames2100
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yes thank you, seems to work fine.

Now just gotta put my big game(MB Size) back on Nor Memory(Got confused and wiped it), think I'll use the R4 to do that as I know how [​IMG]

4. Atashi

Canada
    Flashing games to the NOR is pretty easy with AKAIO - just highlight the ROM file then press the Y button to get the properties/info screen. There will be a button in the lower part of the window which says 'Flash to NOR'.

Of course, if the file is > 16MB then highlighting it and pressing the A buttin will automatically flash it to NOR.

Cheers!

-Atashi

5. EJames2100
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yep Thanks.

Flashed it to Nor via AKAIO using the Y button after a little looking.
    The Auto Flashing if needed is pretty good [​IMG]

Now 1 more question, how do I get to the Save file of the Flashed(Nor) Game ?

6. Atashi

Canada
    I've been doing a bunch of experimentation with AKAIO & the 3in1 wrt save files because I had some problems not long ago.

If you have AKAIO configured to automatically handle the save files, then AKAIO will copy the save file when needed. It records (in its ini file) what gba file is in the NOR and it automatically copies the sav file in and out as necessary.

For instance I keep a favorite game in the NOR, but if I run something else (from RAM) it loads the correct game and save in, then I play it, then when I reboot, if I run the game in NOR it knows to load the correct save file again.

The only caveat I would suggest is whenever you are finished playing with a GBA game, after you turn the DS off just turn it back on again, so AKAIO can do it's thing. It does the save processing when it turns on, and if you should happen to remove the 3in1 AKAIO can get confused if it's expecting to capture the save file.

Also AKAIO can get confused if you alternate between it and GBAExploader, so I just stick with AKAIO for gba games now -- IMHO it works better anyways.

-Atashi