Hacking AKAIO 1.8.5a Wi-Fi update

Destroy666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tried to update loader, savelist, cheats and wi-fi plugin. Always black screens.
Is there any way to get it working or is it bugged?

Destroy666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have already done it - the result is the same. It works good only when I use 1.8.1 or lower. Do I need to change any settings?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First step is to make sure you can connect to your WiFi by running a WiFi enabled game and setting up your connection that way.
Be sure to use the First connection as I'm not sure if AceKard/AKAIO will try to use 2nd and 3rd option (I know it didn't a while ago).

Then you go into AKAIO and the WiFi update menu, these are my settings:
Get WhatsNew.txt - Disabled
File to Download - Update Loader
Which Cheat DB? - Official Site
Previous Files - No

Press A twice to being update, and it should look like your DS is starting a game/homebrew.
You'll get a Window with progress bar as it checks the AKAIO site and if it finds a file it will ask you to confirm download.

Destroy666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know how does it look. As I said it works ONLY in 1.8.1 or lower for me. Tried your settings - the same. By the way, I use this stupid buggy slow Kingston 4GB C04G Taiwan microSDHC. Can it be a problem in this AKAIO version?

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Destroy666 said:
I know how does it look. As I said it works ONLY in 1.8.1 or lower for me. Tried your settings - the same. By the way, I use this stupid buggy slow Kingston 4GB C04G Taiwan microSDHC. Can it be a problem in this AKAIO version?
It's not an akaio problem it sure cause your's TF and the loaders are suposed to work on 1.8.5 not 1.8.5a so you have to keep the clean 1.8.5a clean

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Legaia said:
Destroy666 said:
It's not an akaio problem it sure cause your's TF and the loaders are suposed to work on 1.8.5 not 1.8.5a so you have to keep the clean 1.8.5a clean
What??

Are you saying you can't update 1.8.5a via WiFi? Because if you are, then you're 100% wrong.
I just updated my loaders to the 2011/02/13 yesterday as I typed up the instructions to double check there was no problem.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think i don't make myself very clear but what i was trying to say is because his micro sd the fact he got the black screen, i guess.
i have one kingston 4gigas class 4 taiwan too and the loaders don't work,but work's on my ADATA 16 gigas class 6

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
that's odd that wifi update would work in 1.8.1 because the wifi plugin is isolated.

It don't care about akaio version.
Will the WiFi plug in fall back to the 2nd and 3rd WiFi profiles if it cannot connect to the first profile?

Destroy666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Smiths said:
that's odd that wifi update would work in 1.8.1 because the wifi plugin is isolated.

It don't care about akaio version.

Oh, that's weird...
Anyways, I did some more debugging with help of my Kingston 2GB SD-C02G JAPAN microSD (that never had any problems):
- 1.8.1 (that was on it) worked perfect
I deleted 1.8.1.
- 1.8.5a (copied _aio and akmenu from my Kingston 4GB Taiwan, so the same settings etc., without any formatting and other shit) worked perfect too

Conclusion - Wi-Fi update doesn't work on slower cards in AKAIO 1.8.5a.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
hmm, does make you wonder.

i mean the initialization just starts as if it's a normal NDS thing.

i'll compile a build using the latest sources and upload it, but i wonder if it's a "loading wifi from akaio" that creates the problem.

rename the wfplugin.ak4 to akmenu4.nds and put it in the root of your SD card (it'll make wifi plugin load when you load up your DS, instead of going to the menu.

worth a shot

Destroy666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Smiths said:
rename the wfplugin.ak4 to akmenu4.nds and put it in the root of your SD card (it'll make wifi plugin load when you load up your DS, instead of going to the menu.

worth a shot

The same results. Black screens on Kingston 4GB Taiwan, downloading last file on Kingston 2GB Japan.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
...strange
smile.gif

but yay!

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i found that i need a SOLID wlan connection if i want to sucessfully update.

for some reason, if the connection is weak, it loads the first 0 - 12kb, and then freezes. after a reset i do it again, and choose continue from where it left off, but then it just hangs doing nothing at all.

i can remedy this problem by moving closer to my AP, and RESTARTING the update process, not RESUMING.

so if you find you have trouble updating, move as close as possible to your AP. This always works for me, as my house is kind of big, and signal strength drops significantly across the house.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: My original one +1