Hacking AKAIO 1.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I always overwrite the AKAIO files in my SD, but this time I will delete and copy the fresh new AKAIO that kiafazool over there gave me. thank you again.

the time that I opened the ZIP file, error message. okay, let's try to copy the files. it seems that the USRCHEAT.DAT is corrupted. I will delete it anyways. oh wait! there are only some small files... what the hell. I couldn't even copy the entire firmware.

now I am downloading "Legaia's AKAIO 1.8.2" that Legaia over there sent me. let's see. oh yeah, no more error messages. deleted the old files in my SD, copied, okay okay. set the attributes to "hidden".

can't change theme to Zelda and change back to Adv.Evor, however rebooted the DS and the settings still are there. soft reset doesn't reset my own settings, tested in 999.

Sandisk 8GB Class 2. I don't think that there will be more problems.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
~Stenny said:
I always overwrite the AKAIO files in my SD, but this time I will delete and copy the fresh new AKAIO that kiafazool over there gave me. thank you again.

the time that I opened the ZIP file, error message. okay, let's try to copy the files. it seems that the USRCHEAT.DAT is corrupted. I will delete it anyways. oh wait! there are only some small files... what the hell. I couldn't even copy the entire firmware.

now I am downloading "Legaia's AKAIO 1.8.2" that Legaia over there sent me. let's see. oh yeah, no more error messages. deleted the old files in my SD, copied, okay okay. set the attributes to "hidden".

can't change theme to Zelda and change back to Adv.Evor, however rebooted the DS and the settings still are there. soft reset doesn't reset my own settings, tested in 999.

Sandisk 8GB Class 2. I don't think that there will be more problems.
oh my link didn't work

it must be a problem uploading it
if u want i have another link

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no thanks. as I've already said, Legaia gave me the files. working greatly. I'm feeling as a beta tester. :3

Derekku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was really looking forward to 1.8.2, but if its not ready, its not ready. =P

Thank you guys for trying, and I'm still looking forward to 1.8.2 Good Luck, and Happy New Year.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
does anyone already test sonic colours on 1.8.2? my toutch screen blinks like crazy in the intro of game

S

sandypup

I just tested(guineapiged myself) 1.8.2 found the release from a friend and didnt brick my dsi XL at all. I am using a acekard 2ki card and so far golden sun is playing great( wouldnt work at all with 1.8.1 version even with app on) When this bricked peoples cards did it do it right away or afterawhile cause like i said works fine on mine hope this helps with some of the testing going on .Any other games ya want me to try on this to see? .Like is said earlier i mainly wanted this for golden sun and finally works great:P

justin05

Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to find one 1.8.2 and with new loader or whatever it is copy somewhere too.
But im not going to bother to update yet.
Hopefully not until a see a stable statement or until Normmatt re-release it.

Tamhvm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tamh.info
XP
Country
Colombia
Etalon said:
I've just installed 1.8.2 new on my mSD now and I've tested it with two other AK2is.

Both times it froze the 2nd time I tried to change the skin.

Adv.EvoR --> zelda --> Adv.EvoR --> Freezes.

I didn't even try Moonshell's "Back to firmware" (1.8.2 RPGS.nds) anymore.

It's impossible that I'm the only person with that.

You're right, it was impossible that you were the only person with that (along with this other guys).
When I tested it I didn't do a double change in skin.
Reformatted, copied and then, I got the same problem you got.
Awkward, isn't it?
My AK2i is HW: 81, SVN: 1026 in case that info is needed.

What I find really odd is that Normmatt doesn't has this problem. I might try to test this with other µSD.

I'm not doing a fully fledged bug report in AKAIO Forums right now because it takes a LOT of time to do all the steps they require.
Nevertheless, if I get some time, I might try to do it (most probably, I'll fail at it).

Cheers!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I updated the 1st post with an edit for my reasons. I have closed this thread for now. Until 1.8.2 is re-released there is no reason to discuss it and its faults.

Please see the 1st post for more information.

-Another World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5