Hacking AKAIO 1.8.0 Released!

Destroy666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
derkiederk said:
Hey guys, I got my Kingston 4Gb (taiwan) sticks working with SS by formatting them as FAT in windows drive management.

Working perfectly now
smile.gif

Which format options did you choose?
I did FAT and Default size, still looped intro with AP on.
I tried formatting with Panasonic Formatter and GParted too.
Also tried different ROMs, ROM settings (Soft reset, cheats etc.)
By the way, I've got two black screens when doing soft reset.

Super Scribblenauts ROM is simply working on Kingston 2GB Japan. Soft reset too. With the same settings and AKAIO files.

Is it ONLY microSD fault or microSD and AKAIO fault?
Which microSD's are fully working with AKAIO?

T

tomservo6

So does updating through WiFi no longer work?

I did the update for loaders via the DS WiFi and it shows that it download and says "enjoy" but it still shows the previous version number on the screen, even after a reboot. So I downloaded the package instead and transferred it to my card and it did work; it shows 1.8 on the screen.

Am I missing something stupid here?

alo123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tomservo6 said:
So does updating through WiFi no longer work?

I did the update for loaders via the DS WiFi and it shows that it download and says "enjoy" but it still shows the previous version number on the screen, even after a reboot. So I downloaded the package instead and transferred it to my card and it did work; it shows 1.8 on the screen.

Am I missing something stupid here?

If you went from 1.7.1 to 1.8.0 you can't just update the loaders you have to delete 1.7.1 and install the 1.8.0
fresh. It was a whole update not just a loader update so you can't just update the loaders.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok so riddle me this, i use ak RPG and scribblenauts intro loops running off NAND....? yes did the ap on/off thing, did the doft reset,download play, cheats on/off thing, formatted with panasonic, clean,trimmed,patched iND rom

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
DaMummy said:
ok so riddle me this, i use ak RPG and scribblenauts intro loops running off NAND....? yes did the ap on/off thing, did the doft reset,download play, cheats on/off thing, formatted with panasonic, clean,trimmed,patched iND rom
are you using a clean, untrimmed scene release version of the game?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
endracion said:
m3rox said:
pip_x said:
???????????????!????????!

you forgot the spaces...

there are no spaces in japanese...

dude, i'm taking a japanese class right now, my teacher is full on japanese. she says there are spaces.
there are, but i'm pretty sure they're not used to separate words like they are in english. i think it's more to separate sentences.
http://images.google.com/images?q=japanese+newspaper

Deesotilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hey, i didn't see any info on this right off. anybody know if this firmware will let me play with the latest dsi firmware? gotta get me some thorium wars, and i need the latest to do it
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deesotilio said:
hey, i didn't see any info on this right off. anybody know if this firmware will let me play with the latest dsi firmware? gotta get me some thorium wars, and i need the latest to do it
tongue.gif
akaio isn't a firmware, it's a menu.
even though it's popular to call akaio/wood/ysmenu/sakura/eos/etc a firmware, people calling it a firmware are incorrect, just as people calling the .nds files "roms" are incorrect (rom is read only memory, i.e. the retail cart is a rom).

akaio version has no bearing on dsi version.
you will need to get the 1.4.1 firmware update, which you can find in the updated n00b guide to setting up your acekard topic by tk_saturn.
scroll down to step 11.

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is the flashcart that is blocked by the dsi firmware. akaio will work on sny version of dsi firmware. it is just like an operating system for the flash cart that will allow it to communicate with the roms.

Deesotilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
twiztidsinz said:
deesotilio said:
tongue.gif
akaio isn't a firmware, it's a menu.
even though it's popular to call akaio/wood/ysmenu/sakura/eos/etc a firmware, people calling it a firmware are incorrect, just as people calling the .nds files "roms" are incorrect (rom is read only memory, i.e. the retail cart is a rom).

akaio version has no bearing on dsi version.
you will need to get the 1.4.1 firmware update, which you can find in the updated n00b guide to setting up your acekard topic by tk_saturn.
scroll down to step 11.

thanks for the help. i'm actually pretty new with the acekard (had a cyclo before
wink.gif
), so i'll try to avoid any noob-misspeaks about it in the future
wink.gif

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont know what else to do. scribblenauts just refuses to work under any circumstances, and yes ive tried ssncleandump.nds as well, tried fat and fat32, windows and panasonic formatter, so why the hell does it run on my sister ak2.1 with akaio 1.8 but not on my ak rpg akaio 1.8?

alo123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since you are running it off of the nand try an sd card and see if that works if ak rpg supports
sd cards i am not sure i never seen one

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
m3rox said:
endracion said:
m3rox said:
pip_x said:
???????????????!????????!

you forgot the spaces...

there are no spaces in japanese...

dude, i'm taking a japanese class right now, my teacher is full on japanese. she says there are spaces.
there are, but i'm pretty sure they're not used to separate words like they are in english. i think it's more to separate sentences.
http://images.google.com/images?q=japanese+newspaper

they are used to separate words, otherwise characters run into each other and it's difficult to understand what is being written.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
random black screen freezes in lufia on akaio 1.8 - gpart fix done, full reformat done, tried ap patching on and off.... though this is obviously related to the sd card, it is also evident that it only started happening as of 1.6 rc1.

scribblenauts works but not all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...