AKAIO 1.7.1 Cheats now working...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by JustChillin1414, Jul 17, 2010.

Jul 17, 2010
  1. JustChillin1414
    OP

Member JustChillin1414 <3 Tiny Tina

Canada
    Hi, everyone. I just updated to 1.7.1 to fix DQ IX and it works using the cracked version [​IMG] But now the cheats won't work. I dragged the contents of the update to the card and overwrited the existing ones (_aio and akmenu4.nds) Then I downloaded the latest cheat db from here and installed it. I noticed that the cheat file that comes with this release of akaio works but the newest one from gbatemp doesn't seem to work. When I do to START > Cheats it says Error Cheat file was not found. I also try X to rebuild and it says No Cheats found in DB. I tried reformatting the micro sd and that didn't even work. I opened up the two databases with r4cce and it turns out the akaio database is an old gbatemp database, I checked all the settings and they are the same. I'm a mac user so that might be a factor although I deleted all the hidden files. I've searched all over the forums and found nothing... even google didn't find anybody else in my situation. So now I'm asking you [​IMG]

PLEASE HELP!

The title should say Cheats *not* working lol

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    That's because you are using the cracked version. Use the clean version.

3. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
    Clean version doesn't work. And the cheats don't work for any game not just DQ. I know I have to change the cheats because of the cracked version but I'll do that after I get the cheats to actually work [​IMG]

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I think you probably have the 'original' 1.7.1 which did not fix DQIX.
    Re-download AKAIO 1.7.1 and it should work fine.

5. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
    Perfect! Thanks for that. And that included the new cheat database which actually works... I wonder why the one I downloaded from gbatemp didn't work...?

EDIT: Never mind. The one I downloaded from gbatemp works now. The AKAIO firmware from the original download must have been really messed up [​IMG]

6. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    maybe you downloaded the old one (cache issue) which many others had complain they are having such issues