CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
berlinka said:
...Maybe it's an idea to share your software knowledge with others so they can hopefully assist you, or maybe build their own version of the loader....
I can see one small probem with this...WHO does Normmatt trust enough to give the info to to ensure that it doesn't get misused & altered so that AKAIO gets hacked again to run on other cards ???

If he gave out the info to how his loaders worked - then we could end up with several versions of 1.6 loaders from different people that fix only a particular game

Can you imagine it
Some1 asks - 'Oh I've got 1.6 Loader dated 24.3.10 but 'xxxx' don't work'
to which the reply would be - 'WHICH 1.6 loader dated 24.2.10 have you got - the one from Norm or Tom or Dick or Harry????, 'cos Tom's don't fix xxxx but fixes yyyy, while Dicks fixes xxx but not yyyy...' etc etc

By keeping all the info to himself and the AKAIO team - we can be assurred that the coding has been done to AKAIO specification EXACTLY

The next post about cracking AP might be a good idea - except for all we know the AP cracking is done within AKAIO main code & not in the loaders.
If you've regulary popped over to the AKAIO forums you've noticed that Normmatt 'cleared' several 'problem' games in one swoop - meaning the problem could've been a simple bug in AKAIO main code - once fixed it fixed several game in one go

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Sweet, thanks AKAIO team.I knew you'd come with goods!
yaynds.gif

Taijo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
Normmatt, I hope you will read this. Again, thanks a lot for your work. I hope you are realizing that most people on this forum are really grateful, including me. I hope you also can understand that people who know nothing and just bought an Acekard (like myself) are really feeling they depend on you, because the official support is next to nil.

Maybe it's an idea to share your software knowledge with others so they can hopefully assist you, or maybe build their own version of the loader.

I'm getting kind of tired of people who are constantly telling people to stop whining and to be patient. If there was a little bit of communication of how things are going this "whining"would not be nescesary. I for one have bought this card because it was supposed to be the best one out there. It's not strange to ask a question in the appropriate forum about this. Why don't the people who think we are whining just go somewhere else, because most of the people who went to the Wario Ware D.I.Y. topic the last couple of days were there BECAUSE of the saving problem. This is what a forum is for. To share information and talk about stuff. I suspect the people who accuse us of whining are just people who like accusing just for the sake of it. I don't like whining punks either, but for the most part this isn't whining....and to be honest if Normmatt is so easily annoyed I don't know what he thought to expect when he started this project in the first place.

This. Normmatt, when it comes to my DS gaming, you're my god. It's the same with a crapload of other people, I'm sure. What this guy says makes sense, more sense than countless "you're whining, shut up" posts.

Endscrypt

Trophies
XP
Country
WOW! New you guys could , Just didnt no if you would. Im Glag use did big shout out to all at TEAM AKAIO you know who you are
THANX
gbasp.gif

Endscrypt

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
Normmatt, I hope you will read this. Again, thanks a lot for your work. I hope you are realizing that most people on this forum are really grateful, including me. I hope you also can understand that people who know nothing and just bought an Acekard (like myself) are really feeling they depend on you, because the official support is next to nil.

Maybe it's an idea to share your software knowledge with others so they can hopefully assist you, or maybe build their own version of the loader.

I'm getting kind of tired of people who are constantly telling people to stop whining and to be patient. If there was a little bit of communication of how things are going this "whining"would not be nescesary. I for one have bought this card because it was supposed to be the best one out there. It's not strange to ask a question in the appropriate forum about this. Why don't the people who think we are whining just go somewhere else, because most of the people who went to the Wario Ware D.I.Y. topic the last couple of days were there BECAUSE of the saving problem. This is what a forum is for. To share information and talk about stuff. I suspect the people who accuse us of whining are just people who like accusing just for the sake of it. I don't like whining punks either, but for the most part this isn't whining....and to be honest if Normmatt is so easily annoyed I don't know what he thought to expect when he started this project in the first place.

Are you nuts, Then we would end up with a hundered fake loaders S/W etc dont be a silly billy lol
rolleyes.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
CannonFoddr said:
berlinka said:
...Maybe it's an idea to share your software knowledge with others so they can hopefully assist you, or maybe build their own version of the loader....
I can see one small probem with this...WHO does Normmatt trust enough to give the info to to ensure that it doesn't get misused & altered so that AKAIO gets hacked again to run on other cards ???

If he gave out the info to how his loaders worked - then we could end up with several versions of 1.6 loaders from different people that fix only a particular game

Can you imagine it
Some1 asks - 'Oh I've got 1.6 Loader dated 24.3.10 but 'xxxx' don't work'
to which the reply would be - 'WHICH 1.6 loader dated 24.2.10 have you got - the one from Norm or Tom or Dick or Harry????, 'cos Tom's don't fix xxxx but fixes yyyy, while Dicks fixes xxx but not yyyy...' etc etc

By keeping all the info to himself and the AKAIO team - we can be assurred that the coding has been done to AKAIO specification EXACTLY

But WHY does the team (Normmatt I suppose) need to keep EVERYTHING to himself??? It's obvious now that he doesn't want to be rushed. People may not complain and are not "entitled" to anything.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, is anyone else getting "Press B to continue" repeatedly when they boot their ROMs, or is it just me?

I keep bits of things like ndsfuckarm7_tempcode_mem or POKECRAP DETECTED or FUCKTHEPOLICE!!!!! mixed in with all of the technical information displayed.

Oh and yes, Wario Ware D.I.Y is working.
yaynds.gif

Bo Abobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Hey, is anyone else getting "Press B to continue" repeatedly when they boot their ROMs, or is it just me?

I keep bits of things like ndsfuckarm7_tempcode_mem or POKECRAP DETECTED or FUCKTHEPOLICE!!!!! mixed in with all of the technical information displayed.

yaynds.gif

Yeah I've been getting that too, it wont let me load pokemon. Also my metroid zero mission save got deleted sad face.

xdf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:

yaynds.gif
Yep thats happening to me aswell. Anyone know why?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
berlinka said:
CannonFoddr said:
But WHY does the team (Normmatt I suppose) need to keep EVERYTHING to himself???
I thought I explained it above - If the info is given out then everyone who can program would produce their own versions of AKAIO & it's loaders, & if the programming isn't done right then further Bugs/Crashes etc will occur causing more headaches for the 'offical' development team - by keeping the programming/development team small there's less chance of this happening

Think of it this way - Why are Apple MACs more 'stable' than PC's ??

It's because a MAC is built one and only one way, using only one limited set of components
- while a PC has many different component made by many different manufacturer's made to slightly different specifications, all trying to 'work together' by using various drivers to allow each component to communicate with each OTHER component - & if a conflict of specifications occurs we end up with bugs/conflicts

If anyone remembers Win98 - how many times did they install a program THEN find out that another program they had didn't work because the required DLL wasn't the correct one - this was because the newer program installed a dll overwritting the 'proper' dll that their older program needed - Well I do

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
CannonFoddr: most of the time the scene groups release a patch to remove (hex out) the AP, that's why it would be awesome if a cracker could write a short tutorial on how to debug, find and defeat the AP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo