Ak2i Save Question

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by radders248, Mar 18, 2010.

Mar 18, 2010

Ak2i Save Question by radders248 at 10:54 PM (555 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. radders248
    OP

Newcomer radders248 Member

United Kingdom
    Ive just ordered an Acekard 2i, but am using an m3ds real at the moment and will obviously want to transfer games and saves across. Will the usual m3 .sav files be recognised or is there any conversion that needs to be done? Any help much appreciated! [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Sh!fT_23

Member Sh!fT_23 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I can't remember with the official firmware, but the AKAIO firware has an option in it's settings to select either .sav or .nds.sav as the save format. It also has internal conversion for them (.sav --> .nds.sav .nds.sav --> .sav), however this must be done individually for each save file.
    Your other option is just rename the save files on your computer, and just add the .nds before the .sav, all that is required, I did it ages ago when it wasn't an option to alter save types and such and never had an issue.

BTW, nice choice on the AK, I've had quite a few carts myself, and it is by far the best. Does everything the Cyclo DS does for a fration of the price, + more (and yes i have used a Cyclo to any one who wishes to abuse my oppinion).

3. radders248
    OP

Newcomer radders248 Member

United Kingdom
    Iv downloaded the newest AKAIO already, read enough on the site to know its viewed as the best!
    So in renaming the files im going from e.g. 'infinite space.sav' ---> 'infinite space.nds.sav' ?
    Sound nice and simple for someone like me [​IMG]
    Yeah iv been thinking bout replacing my m3 for a while, still a bit retro in using my dsl, and wanted a good card if and when i upgrade to an xl maybe. Found an ak2i for £11.50 or so in the uk and thought it was too good to pass up [​IMG]

Cheers for the fast reply too!