Hacking AK2i only works in DSi if language is set to english

platanos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. AK2i is working fine in europe DSi.

However there is a problem. It only works if the language of the DSi is set to english. If you put DSi in any other lang (italian, french, spanish, etc.), then it doesn't work.

Ok, let's then put the DSi in english for playing. However there is another problem. Almost every game will start in english in spite they are Multi language, as the game checks DSi language and auto select the language. This is annoying as I can't play games in my native language.

Is it possible to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
both of you should use the search function.

we already know this "set to english" thing, and the card itself works just fine after updating to firmware 1.3
smile.gif

marco.c

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
g.crow said:
we already know this "set to english" thing, and the card itself works just fine after updating to firmware 1.3
smile.gif

but anyone know how to start games in other languages? (I think thats the thread was about)

I'm fine with the system menu in english, but I can play games like Layton only in my native language :|

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
narin was working on cheats that allow the games to run in their native language. check his cheat db and use akaio. i have no idea if he ever included those cheats in the db, so test on a few games and see for yourself.

-another world

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Might check if the cheat codes for language work, if you get the current or updated but 'unofficial' cheats from the forum that has them and open the cheats with r4cce, look at the first 'game' in the list (!Codes Placeholder->Language Select Codes->?Italian?), add that cheat to the game you are trying and enable it and cheats for that game before launching the game...

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its a problem with the ak2i and it better be solved by the acekard team.
but i guess they just dont give a f*ck. as always.

marco.c

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cory1492 said:
Might check if the cheat codes for language work, if you get the current or updated but 'unofficial' cheats from the forum that has them and open the cheats with r4cce, look at the first 'game' in the list (!Codes Placeholder->Language Select Codes->?Italian?), add that cheat to the game you are trying and enable it and cheats for that game before launching the game...

It worked great
I love you
smileipb2.png

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smile.gif
good, though I don't deserve the thanks for just noticing what others worked to put together.
g.crow said:
its a problem with the ak2i and it better be solved by the acekard team.
but i guess they just dont give a f*ck. as always.
Well, even if they do give a f*ck I assume the only way it could be solved is in a new version. The alternate could be working the language select in the software to use your preferred language from AK's OS to do essentially the same thing the cheat does, despite whatever your DSi is set to. The fact it's compatible with the new hardware despite earlier rumors, despite not having said hardware to test on when creating the DSi version... well that should be taken as the good thing it already is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked