AK2i only works in DSi if language is set to english

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by platanos, Apr 2, 2009.

1. platanos
    OP

Newcomer platanos Member

Spain
    Hi. AK2i is working fine in europe DSi.

However there is a problem. It only works if the language of the DSi is set to english. If you put DSi in any other lang (italian, french, spanish, etc.), then it doesn't work.

Ok, let's then put the DSi in english for playing. However there is another problem. Almost every game will start in english in spite they are Multi language, as the game checks DSi language and auto select the language. This is annoying as I can't play games in my native language.

Is it possible to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

2. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    did you go the the dsi store? supposedly the firmware upgrade was going to block it. is it true?

3. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    both of you should use the search function.

we already know this "set to english" thing, and the card itself works just fine after updating to firmware 1.3 [​IMG]

4. marco.c

Newcomer marco.c Newbie

Italy
    but anyone know how to start games in other languages? (I think thats the thread was about)

I'm fine with the system menu in english, but I can play games like Layton only in my native language :|

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    narin was working on cheats that allow the games to run in their native language. check his cheat db and use akaio. i have no idea if he ever included those cheats in the db, so test on a few games and see for yourself.

-another world

6. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Might check if the cheat codes for language work, if you get the current or updated but 'unofficial' cheats from the forum that has them and open the cheats with r4cce, look at the first 'game' in the list (!Codes Placeholder->Language Select Codes->?Italian?), add that cheat to the game you are trying and enable it and cheats for that game before launching the game...

7. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    its a problem with the ak2i and it better be solved by the acekard team.
    but i guess they just dont give a f*ck. as always.

8. marco.c

Newcomer marco.c Newbie

Italy
    It worked great
    I love you [​IMG]

9. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    [​IMG] good, though I don't deserve the thanks for just noticing what others worked to put together.
    Well, even if they do give a f*ck I assume the only way it could be solved is in a new version. The alternate could be working the language select in the software to use your preferred language from AK's OS to do essentially the same thing the cheat does, despite whatever your DSi is set to. The fact it's compatible with the new hardware despite earlier rumors, despite not having said hardware to test on when creating the DSi version... well that should be taken as the good thing it already is.