AK2i not working

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by alexo, Sep 6, 2010.

Sep 6, 2010

AK2i not working by alexo at 3:55 AM (1,303 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. alexo
    OP

Newcomer alexo Newbie

Canada
    Edit: Problem solved, although a question still remains (see posts below).
    Thanks to all who responded!

Hello guys, need your help with this one.

My son got a DS Lite with an AK2i that works perfectly.
    We wanted to get the same setup for his brother, my wife bought used from somebody on CraigsList.

Unfortunately, when I move the microSD from the old AK2i to new AK2i, the DS will not recognize it ("no DS card inserted").
    I got a new microSD, put AKAIO 1.7.1 on it, updated with the newest loader - same effect: works on the old AK2i, does not work on the new one.

Please advise.

Thank you!

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    You might have a clone AceKard 2i, although I haven't really heard of those out there still. (Although, CraigsList has EVERYTHING, so...)

I'd recommend getting a real AceKard2i from ShopTemp and try with that. If the MicroSD works on one AceKard, it should work on a second one.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Shipping from ShopTemp is normally 1-2 weeks, but you need to allow upto 5 weeks.

You could try a paper trick where you insert a piece of paper behind the MicroSD card (opposite side of the contacts) that should it onto the Acekard's MicroSD slot contacts.

If you all brought them crom craigslist, it's possible you just got caught with well used carts. If they are fake carts, you will feel a square shape underneath the sticker.

4. alexo
    OP

Newcomer alexo Newbie

Canada
    Well, it turned out to be a contacts issue in all three cases.

What got me confused was that the DS recognized the cards without the MicroSD but didn't recognize them with the MicroSD.
    Is this the expected behaviour?

5. Aaliyah

Newcomer Aaliyah Member

United States
    you must have got a broken Acekard , have you ever tried to move the new Acekard to your own DS , then see whether it works ,if it doesnt run either , ok, that's clear , change a new safe Acekard , Good luck !