Hacking AK2i compatibility/other questions.

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My AceKard died and im pretty sure neither Leetmod or AceKard themselves even give a crap, so i suppose i have to buy another card. If i buy an AK2i (hoping this is less likely to crap out that the AK2), will i be able to use my old saves on it? Will it work well on a DS Lilte (not the DSi)? Is there a better card i can get at a comparable price (doesnt need to be DSi compatible, just for my DS Lite, and im certain my saves wouldnt transfer over to a different brand but i dont mind starting over)? I've had a few flaky AK2s so im leaning more toward a different brand if there is something good out there.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm well here's what I think.

1) AKAIO has native support for all Save sizes so you should without any converting since your used an Acekard before.
2) Yes it has full compatibility with the DS/Lite
3) So far there arent any better cards with awesome support of AKAIO but if you read the forums some people say the Acekard 2i is crap because of its stability/loader problems. My opinion is that its awesome but if you end up with it not touching contacts just tape a piece of paper. If it wun boot just use the latest AKAIO Loaders. The AKAIO Team states it works with all Acekard 2i.

Good Luck.

I got my Acekard 2 about a month ago and I haven't had a single problem so yeah. I recommend another AK2 just cuz its way more stable.

~ Jon

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input, Jon. I really dont want to buy another AK2 because i have had 3 of them die on me (get stuck at the "processing..." screen forever) in the past year. 2 were replaced and they dont seem to care about the third one.
I was looking through DealExtreme and saw that the DSTT is only $5.85 w/free shipping. Seein as i am rather cheap and this card seems to have favorable reviews i am considering this one. Too many choices...

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i've decided. Unless someone can tell me why i shouldnt, im ordering a DSTT tomorrow. The price point just cant be beat, and the review here only had one game that didnt work (Contra 4) which i read elsewhere works fine with the newer firmware.
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...