AK2.0 no longer gets past "Loading" screen after selecting g

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by BlueStar, Mar 8, 2009.

1. BlueStar
    OP

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    OK, I have a well-loved AceKard 2.0 which I won in a GBATemp competition and it seems to have croaked. I tried loading up Peggle yesterday and it just sat on the "Loading" screen forever. Other games seemed to work so I tried all the usual stuff - copied the game back over, formatted the card etc with no luck. Then I found out several other games wouldn't work either - basically those over 64mbit wouldn't get past "Loading". Not long after I worked that out however, all games stopped working. I've tried formatting the card, using a different SD card, coping the firmware over again etc all with no joy. Is there anything I've not tried or is it just time to bite the bullet and get a 2.1?

2. geek_power

Newcomer geek_power Advanced Member

Canada
  3. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    Tried downloading another firmware - AKAIO for AK2? Format the card again and use AKAIO firmware then copy the game only, nothing else and see if you get the same result?

4. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if problem still exists send an email to acekard@gmail.com you might need to send in pics of the card pulled apart. They do replace damaged cards.

If not DX does have cheep prices if willing to wait for shipping

5. BlueStar
    OP

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Sorry, should have mentioned - I was originally using the latest AKAIO, but tried the official firmware as well with the same result. Just ordered another from DX, seem to remember a "No returns" caveat with it being a competition prize.

6. Jamzrap

Newcomer Jamzrap Member

Canada
    i fixed this for my sister today. all u gotta do is back up the games+saves on your PC, reformat the memory stick with FAT32 in my computer, reinstall (just copy and paste) the acekard firmware and then put your games back, and ittl work fine..

trust.