Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
clone thread: http://normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410
original post: http://normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=452

the crew over at the akaio forum have asked me to type out this "call for help." they are compiling a thread which explains what acekards are real, what are clones, and what to look for. they are missing some images and require help from the community.

by packaging i mean the box or clamshell the acekard shipped in.

missing real acekard images:
ak2.0 hwid 40 Green PCB - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)
ak2.0 hwid 41 Green PCB - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)

ak2.1 hwid 41 Green PCB - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)
*please not the 2.1 hw41 was the *fixed* FAT error green pcb 2.0 with the ak 2.1 sticker
ak2.1 hwid 80 Green PCB - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)
ak2.1 hwid 80 Black PCB dec 09 batch - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)
ak2.1 hwid 80 Blue PCB - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)

ak2i hwid 44 - packaging (front, back, inside)

missing clone images:
any clone acekard but the hwid 4444 - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)

as you can see from this list they are missing most everything. they currently only have the 2i shots, ak2i hwid 81 box shots, and the hwid 4444 clone shots.

here is how you can help:
1) please do not post a reply with your images to this thread, instead PM them to me.
2) host your images somewhere that won't expire incase i can't get to them for a few days
3) ALL images must be HIGH QUALITY
*clear, in focus, very good lighting, able to read the details.
*while i appreciate the help of everyone, if you don't own a high end digi that can take really good clear macro shots, please don't submit.
4) Packaging should not be flattened or scanned.

when you submit please tell me what acekard hwid you are submitting. then enter your images using the img bbcode tag.
Code:
[img]http://mypic.jpg[/img]

i may ask users to take better images from time to time. this has worked out in the past, and i will apologize for this up front.

after i receive submissions, if they look good enough to post, i will strike out/remove the line from this list.

thank you for your help!
-another world

[edit]
2.1 black pcb hwid 80 removed from list. thanks to Hakoda
rpg package photos collected. thanks KnightFire
rpg shots provided by vatoloco

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
These are two awesome photos of the 'Bad Batch' HWID 80 AK2.1 taken by Xomp incase you missed them.

1001326f.jpg

1001328.jpg

They are from this thread. You'll have to PM him if you want to use them.

I've also seen a second set of the cardboard packaging posted in this forum, I tried looking for it before and couldn't find it. It's as the photo you already have, but in the plastic insert the cart has been move further to the top and below it is a space for a TF/ MSD card reader similar to the plastic clamshell packaging.

edit: There's web page with it http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/874488/82568...rd_for_NDSI.jpg Sticker looks flat to me, so presumably a HW81. In all the googleable images http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1029198_f520.jpg etc the raised chip in the clamshells are pretty noticable (HW44 presumably)

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well just posting to say i got my AK2i HWID81 in the same box as the pics posted on the site but mine had a paper inlay,but also came with a micro SD card reader that has a place for it in the inlay above the AK2i (i know they card is legit its from an official reseller,and runs 1.6RC2 perfectly)

i will try and get pics from my DSi if i can get decent to good quality

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
kingofgamesgx said:
well just posting to say i got my AK2i HWID81 in the same box as the pics posted on the site but mine had a paper inlay,but also came with a micro SD card reader that has a place for it in the inlay above the AK2i (i know they card is legit its from an official reseller,and runs 1.6RC2 perfectly)

pics or scans of the hwid 81 package with the different insert would be great. i'm not sure the dsi camera is up for this, but let me know.

-another world

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
kingofgamesgx said:

pics or scans of the hwid 81 package with the different insert would be great. i'm not sure the dsi camera is up for this, but let me know.

-another world

and i am also seeing if the friends i have who ordered from the same site got the same package as i did,or if it was just a fluke mix and match package with a real AK2i

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got my AK2i (from DX,) it came in a very similar box. The AK2i (HWID:81 and genuine) was by itself (no paper, I think) and was in a plastic holder. The plastic holder only had a slot for just the AK2i.

The DSi Compatible sticker was on the Right hand side instead of the left though. Also a 7 digit number (8018728) was printed on another sticker (upside-down) on the front of the box.

I still have the box.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixclaws said:
When I got my AK2i (from DX,) it came in a very similar box. The AK2i (HWID:81 and genuine) was by itself (no paper, I think) and was in a plastic holder.

The DSi Compatible sticker was on the Right hand side instead of the left though. Also a 7 digit number (8018728) was printed on another sticker on the front of the box.

I still have the box.

The 8018728 is DX's own stock code, they put it on for their own reference.

The DSi sticker is also placed on the box by the retailer. Can be placed anywhere, depends on who is doing it.

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i got a few pics this is the best i can do ATM (DSi cam but not bad for it) as i don't have access to my good cam,only thing that modified on the box is on the inlay a little strip was cut to make use of the hollow inside as that's were my micro SD was (with SD adapter) when the AK2i came in

HNI_0048.jpg

HNI_0050.jpg

HNI_0049.jpg

Edit i edited one of the pics to circle the area were the piece that was cut out is ,its minor but i might aswell post it to so you know exactly what i ment by modified

HNI_0049.jpg

Vietkid420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Hakoda said:
Wow I can't read, I'll PM the images to you now AW.

thank you for your pictures. thank you for submitting the via PM, as i asked, which helps to keep this thread clean. =)

@Vietkid420: thanks for the photos, but as i already typed in the top thread, we do not need hw81 shots. alternate box shoulds could be useful if you have something different from what was already submitted to the akaio forum.

-another world

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Hakoda said:
Wow I can't read, I'll PM the images to you now AW.

thank you for your pictures. thank you for submitting the via PM, as i asked, which helps to keep this thread clean. =)

@Vietkid420: thanks for the photos, but as i already typed in the top thread, we do not need hw81 shots. alternate box shoulds could be useful if you have something different from what was already submitted to the akaio forum.

-another world
No problem, glad I could help. Notify me if you need anything else.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
phoenixclaws said:
When I got my AK2i (from DX,) it came in a very similar box. The AK2i (HWID:81 and genuine) was by itself (no paper, I think) and was in a plastic holder. The plastic holder only had a slot for just the AK2i.

The DSi Compatible sticker was on the Right hand side instead of the left though. Also a 7 digit number (8018728) was printed on another sticker (upside-down) on the front of the box.

I still have the box.

Same as mine. i will get picture up

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've already posted above, the 8018728 sticker has nothing to do with Acekard. It's DealExtreme's stock code which they use for their own reference.

There's no need for anyone to provide photos of it. It's the same box we all have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!