AK Digital Pictures - NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Another World, Apr 15, 2010.

Apr 15, 2010
  1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    clone thread: http://normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410
    original post: http://normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=452

the crew over at the akaio forum have asked me to type out this "call for help." they are compiling a thread which explains what acekards are real, what are clones, and what to look for. they are missing some images and require help from the community.

by packaging i mean the box or clamshell the acekard shipped in.

missing real acekard images:
    ak2.0 hwid 40 Green PCB - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)
    ak2.0 hwid 41 Green PCB - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)

ak2.1 hwid 41 Green PCB - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)
    *please not the 2.1 hw41 was the *fixed* FAT error green pcb 2.0 with the ak 2.1 sticker
    ak2.1 hwid 80 Green PCB - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)
    ak2.1 hwid 80 Black PCB dec 09 batch - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)
    ak2.1 hwid 80 Blue PCB - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)

ak2i hwid 44 - packaging (front, back, inside)

missing clone images:
    any clone acekard but the hwid 4444 - front, back, inside, both sides of pcb, packaging (front, back, inside)

as you can see from this list they are missing most everything. they currently only have the 2i shots, ak2i hwid 81 box shots, and the hwid 4444 clone shots.

here is how you can help:
    1) please do not post a reply with your images to this thread, instead PM them to me.
    2) host your images somewhere that won't expire incase i can't get to them for a few days
    3) ALL images must be HIGH QUALITY
    *clear, in focus, very good lighting, able to read the details.
    *while i appreciate the help of everyone, if you don't own a high end digi that can take really good clear macro shots, please don't submit.
    4) Packaging should not be flattened or scanned.

when you submit please tell me what acekard hwid you are submitting. then enter your images using the img bbcode tag.
    Code:
    [img]http://mypic.jpg[/img]
    i may ask users to take better images from time to time. this has worked out in the past, and i will apologize for this up front.

after i receive submissions, if they look good enough to post, i will strike out/remove the line from this list.

thank you for your help!
    -another world

[edit]
    2.1 black pcb hwid 80 removed from list. thanks to Hakoda
    rpg package photos collected. thanks KnightFire
    rpg shots provided by vatoloco

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    These are two awesome photos of the 'Bad Batch' HWID 80 AK2.1 taken by Xomp incase you missed them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are from this thread. You'll have to PM him if you want to use them.

I've also seen a second set of the cardboard packaging posted in this forum, I tried looking for it before and couldn't find it. It's as the photo you already have, but in the plastic insert the cart has been move further to the top and below it is a space for a TF/ MSD card reader similar to the plastic clamshell packaging.

edit: There's web page with it http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/874488/82568...rd_for_NDSI.jpg Sticker looks flat to me, so presumably a HW81. In all the googleable images http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1029198_f520.jpg etc the raised chip in the clamshells are pretty noticable (HW44 presumably)

3. kingofgamesgx

Member kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

United States
    well just posting to say i got my AK2i HWID81 in the same box as the pics posted on the site but mine had a paper inlay,but also came with a micro SD card reader that has a place for it in the inlay above the AK2i (i know they card is legit its from an official reseller,and runs 1.6RC2 perfectly)

i will try and get pics from my DSi if i can get decent to good quality

4. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    pics or scans of the hwid 81 package with the different insert would be great. i'm not sure the dsi camera is up for this, but let me know.

-another world

5. kingofgamesgx

United States

and i am also seeing if the friends i have who ordered from the same site got the same package as i did,or if it was just a fluke mix and match package with a real AK2i

6. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When I got my AK2i (from DX,) it came in a very similar box. The AK2i (HWID:81 and genuine) was by itself (no paper, I think) and was in a plastic holder. The plastic holder only had a slot for just the AK2i.

The DSi Compatible sticker was on the Right hand side instead of the left though. Also a 7 digit number (8018728) was printed on another sticker (upside-down) on the front of the box.

I still have the box.

7. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    The 8018728 is DX's own stock code, they put it on for their own reference.

The DSi sticker is also placed on the box by the retailer. Can be placed anywhere, depends on who is doing it.

8. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    I took an alternative shot of 4 81's a while ago if you're interested. It's from all 4 sides.

[​IMG]

9. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    that is an interesting top/bottom/left/right pic. i think they might like to use that one.

-another world

10. kingofgamesgx

United States
    ok i got a few pics this is the best i can do ATM (DSi cam but not bad for it) as i don't have access to my good cam,only thing that modified on the box is on the inlay a little strip was cut to make use of the hollow inside as that's were my micro SD was (with SD adapter) when the AK2i came in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit i edited one of the pics to circle the area were the piece that was cut out is ,its minor but i might aswell post it to so you know exactly what i ment by modified

[​IMG]

11. Vietkid420

Newcomer Vietkid420 Advanced Member

United States
  12. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Wow I can't read, I'll PM the images to you now AW.

13. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    thank you for your pictures. thank you for submitting the via PM, as i asked, which helps to keep this thread clean. =)

@Vietkid420: thanks for the photos, but as i already typed in the top thread, we do not need hw81 shots. alternate box shoulds could be useful if you have something different from what was already submitted to the akaio forum.

-another world

14. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    No problem, glad I could help. Notify me if you need anything else.

15. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    Same as mine. i will get picture up

16. Shadow#1

Member Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    HW ID: 81 SVN: 824

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    I've already posted above, the 8018728 sticker has nothing to do with Acekard. It's DealExtreme's stock code which they use for their own reference.

There's no need for anyone to provide photos of it. It's the same box we all have.

18. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    rpg package photos were removed from the list, they have been collected thanks to KnightFire.

-another world

19. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    ak rpg was removed from the list. vatoloco provided the shots of the pcb and shell.

-another world