1. Homlet

OP Homlet GBAtemp Regular

France
    In the tools tab, there is a "clean up downloaded files" that does it. Deleting the previous hekate is a decent idea, I'll implement that if I release a new update. For the moment you can delete it with nx-shell for instance

lordelan and alba93 like this.
  2. alba93

alba93 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    thanks a lot for your quick feedback
    sorry, i missed this function
    Regarding the previous version of Hekate i'll keep on deleting it with nxmtp, it is not a big deal
    But if it can be implemented in your next update, it would be great

3. alba93

alba93 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    just a question
    why don't you remove downloaded files by default
    I think that many users don't know that this function is implemented and even that these files are still stored on the SD card

4. Homlet

France
    I could, but the current reasoning is that you may want those original files to be easily available in case you mess up something. It's only a few Mbs, so I don't think most people mind it.

5. baileyscream

baileyscream GBAtemp Regular

This doesn't happen
    Atkeast not on switchme / trinket hard mod switches
    It restarts but then gives error that sept may not be up to date.
    Its not sept BTW as I have removed the sd card and updated that manually. Its the .bin thats not updated
    Once I manually update that then all 3 of these switches then boot up normally
    Can you double check on your side pls.

6. baileyscream

baileyscream GBAtemp Regular

Actually this payload its supposed to boot to
    Where is it as Its probably that which I will need to rename for for the mod chip to load it.

7. Homlet

France
    Well on my side (and supposedly everyone else's) it just works. Are you able to inject a payload directly from AIO-switch-updater (in the tools section)? I don't know how trinkets work exactly, but perhaps it us highjacking the process and injects its own payload before mine can be launched
    The payload is located in the romfs of the NRO, so you can't access it easily

8. NekoNoor

NekoNoor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    In the inject payload menu, the "set as reboot_payload.bin" button doesn't do anything but when i press Y it shows the copied to update.bin screen. if that would work that would be perfect

Last edited by NekoNoor, Jan 13, 2021
  9. Homlet

France
    If you don't get a pop-up, it means it didn't work. I should also add a pop-up to notify when it doesn't work but I never expected it to fail tbh. It works for me too. Could you try perhaps deleting reboot_payload.bin and then trying again?

Last edited by Homlet, Jan 14, 2021
  10. MartySince87

MartySince87 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Silly question but where do I go if I want to add a cheat.txt myself that isn't in the AIO?

11. NekoNoor

NekoNoor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    i deleted reboot_payload.bin and it worked once but now i can only set it to hekate (because that's the one i set after i deleted the file) maybe you can make it delete the file before setting it to the payload?

12. Homlet

France
    Right, I'll take that into consideration and add that in the next release. It's odd that it doesn't work for you though

/atmosphere/contents/<program_id>/cheats/<build_id>.txt

MartySince87 likes this.
  13. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    I still have issues like this...is there a way to get it to run from Hekate? I always have to use Fusee and apparently from Reddit I saw a bypass method is through...chainloading? sounds complicated though and not really worth it

14. Homlet

France
    Well that's blawar's problem tbh, he doesn't like it when there is a patches.ini found. Not much I can do here

15. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can just boot with fusee-primary.bin and still be able to reboot to hekate by replacing the reboot_payload.bin found in the atmosphere folder with the hekate payload if you rename it the same way. Using fss0/fusee-secondary/kosmos/deepsea is a waste. Stop using it. You have more freedom with fusee-primary. Put the fusee-primary.bin in SD:\bootloader\payloads so you can select it in the payloads menu within hekate. While you're doing that, grab the sigpatches for fusee-primary and just make sure to delete sigpatches for hekate off your sd so tinfoil doesn't detect. I don't see any reason why anyone still use crap hekate setup knowing a nice homebrew app is blocking it. Fusee-primary is able to boot into emuMMC if thats what you're worried about. fusee-secondary is best to be used to boot into stock if the user have a unbanned switch or likes to run OFW offline i guess

stanleyopar2000 likes this.
  16. Homlet

France
    https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/aio-switch-updater/releases (you can update from the app)
    I'm now deleting the file before copy, this should work better. And if it doesn't at least there will be an error message

Last edited by Homlet, Jan 17, 2021
    NekoNoor and lordelan like this.
  17. Syph

Syph Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, if you want to dual boot Switchroot (LineageOS) or Lakka(Ubuntu) then you need Hekate...

Last edited by Syph, Jan 22, 2021
  18. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    This and the fact that hekate can boot into stock firmware (and many other amazing features).

19. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yes thats fine but dont use hekate to boot into fusee-secondary/fss0 with hekate sigpatches. There's no point on doing so. I only use hekate to boot between sysMMC and emuMMC. I have no need for switchroot since i already have a powerful phone and dont need a emulator that isnt capable of running games at full speed when I got a laptop capable of running them all at a perfect 60 FPS + 4K

20. Homlet

France
    At the end of the day, it's just blawar bitching for no reason about patches.ini. If you have a SXOS licence, you can use hekate and everything with tinfoil just fine. Using fss0 works fine

Codify likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sigpatches, directly, Updater