Homebrew AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, FW, cheats and more directly from the Switch

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which one is hekate + ams patches?
There's 2 packages , one says hekate and the other one says fusee... I guess it's fusee?

If I boot fusee primary I only need fusee?
If you boot fusee-primary, you only need fusée.zip, if you use Hekate built-in fss0 boot method, you need Hekate.zip

NekoNoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
(maybe) small suggestion/request, it would be amazing if you could include the option to automatically set hekate as the reboot payload whenever you update atmosphere or hekate.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(maybe) small suggestion/request, it would be amazing if you could include the option to automatically set hekate as the reboot payload whenever you update atmosphere or hekate.
This has been requested a few times actually, so I'll probably end up doing it. I answered this yesterday https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/aio-switch-updater/issues/44#issuecomment-775896445
The problem is that I wanted to make my program as robust as possible by not hardcoding filenames and such, but I guess Hekate isn't going anywhere, so I might as well

Reactions: DejaSentj

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This has been requested a few times actually, so I'll probably end up doing it. I answered this yesterday https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/aio-switch-updater/issues/44#issuecomment-775896445
The problem is that I wanted to make my program as robust as possible by not hardcoding filenames and such, but I guess Hekate isn't going anywhere, so I might as well

DeepSea is already doing this by default so please make sure you exclude us from that. We may have something planned for the future.

BTW, do you override the complete hekate_ipl file or are you adding missing entrys? If you are actually overwriting the file, i suggest you use Nichole Mattera's Simple-INI-Parser to just add or edit missing or wrong entrys, to preserve settings that were already made

Last edited by Slluxx,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DeepSea is already doing this by default so please make sure you exclude us from that. We may have something planned for the future.

BTW, do you override the complete hekate_ipl file or are you adding missing entrys? If you are actually overwriting the file, i suggest you use Nichole Mattera's Simple-INI-Parser to just add or edit missing or wrong entrys, to preserve settings that were already made
it would come as a prompt to copy /hekate_caeter*.bin (if it exists) to /atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin, so I don't think that'd be much of an issue even for deepsea.
As for ini files, I'm asking the user whether they want to overwrite them, with the cursor being on "No" by default. As I said, I'd rather not have some specific functions for specific files. I think you guys have a ini editor in the works anyways?

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it would come as a prompt to copy /hekate_caeter*.bin (if it exists) to /atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin, so I don't think that'd be much of an issue even for deepsea.
As for ini files, I'm asking the user whether they want to overwrite them, with the cursor being on "No" by default. As I said, I'd rather not have some specific functions for specific files. I think you guys have a ini editor in the works anyways?

yeah but different homebrews which override different files over and over again are something that should be avoided imo.
We do have a homebrew that edits those ini files, yeah. but imagine someone using our tool to create their config, then using your tool and clicking yes to override the hekate ip file (which might even be needed for the nosigpatch? idk) looses that config again. our config editor accounts for that by having a copy of the settings stored somewhere else but not every homebrew does that.

And talking about the reboot to payload thingy, if we ship our own payload, which is used as replacement for that, you would simply overwrite that.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think thinks it's better for simplicity's sake to not have different behaviors depending on what file I'm downloading. (my program doesn't even know the difference between the deepsea zip and atmosphere. Also if you don't ship hekate_catear*.bin, the popup wouldn't even show.
For the ini files, always overwriting works fine. For me, I never overwrite and it's ok too. I think that as long os you have a working setting at any given point, it's good enough

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to do it, but i still have cheats in game. I tried to do new saves, but it does not work. Can i delete the cheat files to fix this?
There must be something wrong with your system_settings files then. From my homebrew, you can go to tools->cheats menu->delete all cheats to delete every cheat files

Zaiphon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There must be something wrong with your system_settings files then. From my homebrew, you can go to tools->cheats menu->delete all cheats to delete every cheat files
I tried to do the first way of doing it via config ini. Im now trying to do it via Cheat Updater as you said it.

Ok it worked, no more cheat. Link doesnt flies around <3.

But still big thanks for this Homebrew.

Last edited by Zaiphon,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to do the first way of doing it via config ini. Im now trying to do it via Cheat Updater as you said it.

Ok it worked, no more cheat. Link doesnt flies around <3.

But still big thanks for this Homebrew.
If you ever want to give cheats a try again, try placing this file in /atmosphere/config/

Attachments

• system_settings.ini.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: Zaiphon

Nordinho89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Right now Im on 10.2.0 and Atmosphere. Would be nice to get up to date with both FW and CFW. Do this fix it?
In that case, wich order will I do the steps?

Thx!

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Right now Im on 10.2.0 and Atmosphere. Would be nice to get up to date with both FW and CFW. Do this fix it?
In that case, wich order will I do the steps?

Thx!
sigpatches, then Atmosphère, then Hekate if you use it, then download the FW and install it

azn_187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Hi would it be possible, to automatically Update fusee-primary.bin when you update Atmosphere?
Instead of going to Tools/Download payloads to bootloader/payloads?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi would it be possible, to automatically Update fusee-primary.bin when you update Atmosphere?
Instead of going to Tools/Download payloads to bootloader/payloads?
fusee-primary is included in ams by default, except it's renamed atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin. I don't think there is much use in downloading it somewhere else. What's your use case?

azn_187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
fusee-primary is included in ams by default, except it's renamed atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin. I don't think there is much use in downloading it somewhere else. What's your use case?

I'm using ArgonNX that loads fusee-primary.bin from bootloader/payloads.
Maybe also usefuel for People who use Hekate to load fusee-primary.bin

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a thought that you could read a customisable text file (json or plain text or whatever works for you) with a list of source->destination file copies to do, either optionally after a CFW update or as a separate feature (tho doing it automatically after CFW update if the file existed would make it a streamlined one-step process). That would let users configure how they want payloads (and potentially any other files) shuffled around to match their individual setups. I ended up making a python script to run in PyNX to do what I needed, but having it integrated would make your tool even more useful and definitive.

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: azn_187

azn_187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
There's also a Bug if you try to Update the Firmware in Applet Mode it shows "utils_ok" instead of "OK".
After it failed the "AIO" Icon in the upper left Corner is just a black Icon.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's also a Bug if you try to Update the Firmware in Applet Mode it shows "utils_ok" instead of "OK".
After it failed the "AIO" Icon in the upper left Corner is just a black Icon.
Bugs aren't desirable but neither is using applet mode (unless you're doing something specific like a cheat manager while a game is open)

Reactions: Slluxx and azn_187

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...