1. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Here we go!

TheDarkProgramer has blessed us with some dope AF tools today guys and girls! I have been testing these over the past few months, and I guarantee they’re incredibly badass!

https://github.com/xXxTheDarkprogramerxXx/PS4_Tools/releases/tag/HB_WIP

• Run Hen 2.1.4 with save mount patches it can be found here (if you intend to mount saves you need this)
    • Run the homebrew
    • When copying save data to usb make sure you have a directory called SaveData on the root of your usb

HINT: Its currently a WIP but once it realises it’s potential, you will see why my upcoming tool should be MASSIVELY useful ;)

2. Oornagootan

Oornagootan Newbie
    Newcomer

Iran
    There will be no kexploit from the flow guys
    Another tragedy for the 2020's collection

Screenshot_20200605_222138.jpg

3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Silly you when you don't even show the full story.

Capture.PNG

4. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    From what I can see this isnt his 6.20 kexploit right?

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The vulnerability he found doesn't work with attacking via the USB port on the PS4, you can think of the concept of the PS3 hid descriptor that allowed entry point to homebrew and backup explains in the video below. Except for the vulnerability he found doesn't work on the PS4.

Last edited by Hayato213, Jun 5, 2020
  6. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    What I mean is this USB vuln isnt the same vuln he was talking about on Twitter a couple months ago.. So potentailly he still has a 6.20 Kexploit.

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yes that is correct it doesn't really have to do with the 6.20 Kernel exploit he is working on, he just stated the vulnerability that he found for FreeBSD/OpenBSD. If it worked he would have an entry point. If the vulnerability of the HID descriptor work it would would have allowed him to trick the system to think a Sony official servicing USB stick was plugged in and allowed him to enter service mode. It would have been nice if it works.

Last edited by Hayato213, Jun 6, 2020
    ploggy likes this.
  8. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

it may not be his 6.20 kexploit but it doesnt sound good either way. if he had something else worthy then he wouldnt be talking about possible using dongles.

9. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    I’m 99% sure it’s a different exploit, or at least a different vector to initiate what he has working.

Though I’m confident a dongle exists for FSM on PS4, I would have been shocked if Sony hadn’t learned from PSJB usb dongle on ps3.

This isn’t to say theflow0 won’t find a workaround, it will take time, as ever.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I think sony learned from their mistakes with the ps3. the ps3 dongle took the form of several devices to overload the system. it was like 6-10 usb devices at once or so the system thought. you should watch the fail0verflow presentation to get what I mean.

KiiWii likes this.
  11. schatzi24

schatzi24 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I am on my PS4 Death Stranding with firmware 6.70 i hope the exploit arrive to this console this year?
    Only PS4 over firmware 7.0 can't be hacked?

12. IdontHavePS4

IdontHavePS4 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    the next kernel exploit will be in at least 6 years. I hope you wait 6 years

schatzi24 likes this.
  13. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    <7.00 has a public webkit available, not “kex”, but in private all fw’s have been hacked, be it full RW or just read from kernel.

schatzi24 likes this.
  14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    math has proven that with the decryption of several later pups, knowing the creation date. I think he even provoked a response from sony by saying "check the date, sony." just because there's not a public exploit doesn't mean that the security is any better than nintendo's. remember what they said at that hacking conference in Germany: "there's no such as more secure or less secure. your security either works or it doesn't."

15. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    was the OrbisSWU research been posted here yet it's an interesting read about the pup update module acording to this NoBD updating is possible but downgrading is a little tricky and will probably need a kex to do

Last edited by chrisrlink, Jun 9, 2020
  16. HE1NZ

HE1NZ GBAtemp Regular

Serbia, Republic of
    Where do I put the pkg files so that Package Installer could find them? I connected through FTP and only User folder allows me to copy. I tried just User and User/Downloads, but it can't see it.

Last edited by HE1NZ, Jun 15, 2020
  17. DariusEvans

DariusEvans Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    why not use a usb key ord usb hdd in exfat? you just put them on (no folder anything) and install

18. IdontHavePS4

IdontHavePS4 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    There is new info on his twitter, he is preparing a new MiniMira (which will be even more useless than the current Mira). I'm surprised he didn't write the custom firmware again.

as always, do not update and waiting oherwise you would not be able to play 30 years old games

• this scene is amazing, you don't want to lose the opportunity to play a 30-year-old game.

Last edited by IdontHavePS4, Jun 16, 2020
  19. Adam512

Adam512 GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    He wrote on his twitter a long time ago that he would focus on other projects, so he would leave the PS4 scene.

I'm glad he's still working on the PS4. This scene needs clever developers :)

PS: wrote the result on his twitter "results: PS4 broken, not bug in my code".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a long way, but you need to be patient.

just my opinion:
    It's a shame the opinion of the developers. Developers take the "kernel exploit" as piracy ... this is not piracy, but making the homebrew available to more users.

I've heard of users who have a PS4 with 5.05 (kernel exploit) and only use it for legal homegrew. so claim "there will be no new kernel exploit because it's piracy is really bad, do you agree?"

If it is used for purposes other than those for which it was intended, the developer is not responsible. It is the same as, for example, with a "knife" from a public shop, it is freely available in a shop ... If this knife is used for a crime, is the shop to blame? I doubt it.

Last edited by Adam512, Jun 17, 2020
    schatzi24 likes this.
  20. RY0M43CH1Z3N

RY0M43CH1Z3N Touching things and improving your world

Spain
    [QUOTE="Adam512, post: 9098866, member: 460729]

just my opinion:
    It's a shame the opinion of the developers. Developers take the "kernel exploit" as piracy ... this is not piracy, but making the homebrew available to more users.

I've heard of users who have a PS4 with 5.05 (kernel exploit) and only use it for legal homegrew. so claim "there will be no new kernel exploit because it's piracy is really bad, do you agree?"
    [/QUOTE]

I think there are a very toxic people (not developpers who only want "Where kexploit in 6.20, 6.50, 7.02" or insult their job), because that, the developpers don't want to release any kexploit.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide