OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
on jul 3rd 2008 'ahtin' posted on this very forum that he had knowledge about the new 'sept. 15th' r4 firmware. a firmware so revolutionary that it could brick fake clone r4 kits. the comments lead to speculation, posts, arguements, confusion, and finally to the end result... a heaping pile of bull dung. ahtin can't really be blamed, after all he just reposted nonsense comments without posting facts or sources. it is very easy for anyone to pick a name on a forum and post information that can spread like wild fire. well just today a 1yr old thread was revived by a brand new member to our community 'r4team.com'. thus proving the point that you should never believe what you read on the internet without checking for proof, facts, etc.

here are the facts...
r4 is currently tied up in a legal battle due to japanese markets selling the flash kit.
r4 has stopped producing the kit ... ooo around 4 months ago.
r4's are only sold as clones now, even realhotstuff told me 'we can no longer guarantee a no clone kit, we will refund your money....'
r4's homepage is now an archive version of what it was, the official hosting taken offline.
the r4 team is gone, *official* updates are now over, please accept this and move on.

personally i own an r4. i love it. i still use it a few times a week. its a great kit. it did what it said it would on the box, and it did it well. but i've moved on.... and so should everyone else. please... really P L E A S E!!! stop posting about the 'new' kernel, updates, fake r4s... please!!! i can't really take much more of it. people use the internet, use google, use your brains, do the research and then when you are stumped, when you honestly can't find the answer anywhere - post and ask!

have a nice day
-another world

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You are my hero
wub.gif

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The only thing I can tell is the news is from Team R4 directly, and proved by Team SC after a few days too.

Team R4 choose to shut down between the annoument and new kernel, this is their businese plan, and I dont know the reason you use my username for title.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ahtin said:
The only thing I can tell is the news is from Team R4 directly, and proved by Team SC after a few days too.

Team R4 choose to shut down between the annoument and new kernel, this is their businese plan, and I dont know the reason you use my username for title.

i used your handle because you were the one who started the craze here on this board. you never did prove that the message was from an r4 team member. all e-mails sent to them were ignored. retailers and resellers i spoke with all said they had heard no such official announcment. i am in no way calling you out here, please understand that, i am simply asking for people to check their sources before adding wood to the fire.

i made no disrespecting remarks, no bashing of you or foul comments in regards to your person. with that said the fact is you started this, you had to have to known your name is going to be used to talk about this firmware which was never released, at least on this board.

-another world

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't blame ahtin. He's right. If anyone knows a shred of the business world, then it's all very true. Doesn't it make sense to the average joe? R4 team announces a new odd firmware, working on it and all when jumpin jehosephat, one of the biggest and wealthiest corporations start breathing down their necks. It's very uncommon to pass your work along to somebody else, and knowing the R4 team they sure as hell didn't like all the cloes stealing their thunder. Now if they had at least made an official announcement concerning their departure from the flash cart scene, then....

You know what I would like? I would like the demise of the R4 to be by the hand of Nintendo, not by these insolent pathetic wretches screaming "fake firmware!" "R4 IS DEAD BUY CYCLODS!" "Why game won't load?!?"
laugh.gif

Seriously, they bought their R4 to do something it does quite best even after it's unofficial demise on May 2008, so the only way they'd gripe is.... that 16-yr-old-I'm-angry-at-my-father Syndrome....

It's a shame the behaviour in this forum isn't going to give the R4 a good funeral it so rightly deserves.

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Another World said:
ahtin said:

i used your handle because you were the one who started the craze here on this board. you never did prove that the message was from an r4 team member. all e-mails sent to them were ignored. retailers and resellers i spoke with all said they had heard no such official announcment. i am in no way calling you out here, please understand that, i am simply asking for people to check their sources before adding wood to the fire.

i made no disrespecting remarks, no bashing of you or foul comments in regards to your person. with that said the fact is you started this, you had to have to known your name is going to be used to talk about this firmware which was never released, at least on this board.

-another world

I didnt show the prove didnt mean I have no proof on this announcment, the source is from my QQ(IM Software) buddy who tell me they are planing to release a slot 1 card half year before R4 release, he send me sample of R4 for testing and review before r4ds.com appear or in the the market, he gave me R4 lots of beta kernel that never released or plan to release like soft reset, cheat code support etc..

May be my name can be used to talk about all of the R4 related topic because I start R4 topic in the world at 2006 lol http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=40615

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@ahtin: aye, a good point with respect due!

@jagerstaffel: i have passed my r4 onto my girlfriend, she can bring new life into a kit i loved. that is the best way for things to die, by passing them on and making them new all over again!

cheers,
-another world

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
LoL

but seriously, you can't use other's name as a title, as if you're facepalming him, he heard a news, be it rumor or not and he posted it for us, there's nothing wrong with that, it's the source's fault if it's fake, not him.

But still, lol

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Raestloz said:
LoL

but seriously, you can't use other's name as a title, as if you're facepalming him, he heard a news, be it rumor or not and he posted it for us, there's nothing wrong with that, it's the source's fault if it's fake, not him.

But still, lol

pretty sure i can do whatever i want, and secondly the title has which clearly makes no comments. he was never bashed in the subject of the rant, and if you go by a thread based on the title you are adding more to the points i made about people assuming.

-another world

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
@ahtin: aye, a good point with respect due!

@jagerstaffel: i have passed my r4 onto my girlfriend, she can bring new life into a kit i loved. that is the best way for things to die, by passing them on and making them new all over again!

cheers,
-another world

Ah, the power of hand me downs. So powerful, like.... a household ebay lol.

I actually do love old flash carts, I managed to get Fire emblem DS to work on my Micro Ninja (dead cart since '07)
laugh.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
on jul 3rd 2008 'ahtin' posted on this very forum that he had knowledge about the new 'sept. 15th' r4 firmware. a firmware so revolutionary that it could brick fake clone r4 kits. the comments lead to speculation, posts, arguements, confusion, and finally to the end result... a heaping pile of bull dung. ahtin can't really be blamed, after all he just reposted nonsense comments without posting facts or sources. it is very easy for anyone to pick a name on a forum and post information that can spread like wild fire. well just today a 1yr old thread was revived by a brand new member to our community 'r4team.com'. thus proving the point that you should never believe what you read on the internet without checking for proof, facts, etc.

here are the facts...
r4 is currently tied up in a legal battle due to japanese markets selling the flash kit.
r4 has stopped producing the kit ... ooo around 4 months ago.
r4's are only sold as clones now, even realhotstuff told me 'we can no longer guarantee a no clone kit, we will refund your money....'
r4's homepage is now an archive version of what it was, the official hosting taken offline.
the r4 team is gone, *official* updates are now over, please accept this and move on.

personally i own an r4. i love it. i still use it a few times a week. its a great kit. it did what it said it would on the box, and it did it well. but i've moved on.... and so should everyone else. please... really P L E A S E!!! stop posting about the 'new' kernel, updates, fake r4s... please!!! i can't really take much more of it. people use the internet, use google, use your brains, do the research and then when you are stumped, when you honestly can't find the answer anywhere - post and ask!

have a nice day
-another world
you sir, have said what I've been trying to tell flashcart noobs all along........
bow if we can just stick this then bash all r4 inquiries from now on i would die happily...
well done

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
jagerstaffel said:
Ah, the power of hand me downs. So powerful, like.... a household ebay lol.

I actually do love old flash carts, I managed to get Fire emblem DS to work on my Micro Ninja (dead cart since '07)
laugh.gif

i still use my 128mb flash2advance ever day to play pocketnes builds and gba roms =P. its a pain in the ass to flash it, i have to use old software and use my original GBA with a USB cable. but the kit still works and i picked it up over 8 years ago.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."