mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that my touchscreen is slightly lopsided!!! NOO!!! Can I open my DS and fix it? Or should I just ignore it TT.TT, It really bugs me

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope this cant be fixed... I had the same fault, so I swapped my DS, My mate's DS also has this fault and so does my cousin.
And I can tell you now, a lot of people in this forum will have this fault but wont have noticed it, until now...
biggrin.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just remembered another mate of mine, his son has the same fault, so that makes 3 ouf the 5 people I know with ds lites have this fault.

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I ordered my DS from Barnes and Nobles. But they're supplied by GameStop, Theres a gamestop in the mall where I live, But I don't think i'll be able to swap mine for a new one. If I could then I would use NoFlashMe and do it.

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This fault bugs the hell out of me, I just emailed Gamestop and asked if I could bring it in and exchange it. I hope they say yes.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This fault bugs the hell out of me, I just emailed Gamestop and asked if I could bring it in and exchange it.  I hope they say yes.

The fault bugged the hell out of me too, even my mum noticed it
smile.gif

The best thing to if you want to swap it, is to use flashme and during flashing, turn the DS off, then just tell gamespot that your DS no longer switches on. I've done this twice so far and both times got an exchange, with no questions asked.

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just called the gamestop in my area, They said I could probably exchange it for a new one, but they only have one DS lite left, hopefully no one buys it...
I'll just use NoFlashmeLite.

Edit: Unflashing successful, I've built up confidence, I'm so happy~!

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I went to gamestop and exchanged my NDS for a new one. Well what do you know, another lopsided screen, not only the touchscreen, but the top screen also! My top screen is a tad bit more to the right instead of dead center. My touchscreen is lopsided like my last one, but a little less. I'm gonna disassemble my top screen and adjust it, I can live with the bottom screen since it's not as bad as my last NDSL

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
This is maily a problem with second generation ds, but its better than the first gen, main fault witch was dead pixels im happy with a lopsided screen aslong as you can see all of it XD

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys talking about a rotational lopsidedness or an angled lopsidedness? Like.....is it not square in the casing or is it more like an edge of the screen is sunken compared to the rest of the screen?

In either case, my DSlite seems to be fine, but I have encountered store demo units where the bottom right corner of the screen seems to sag or is loose and makes a clicking/snapping noise when pressed on in that area (as if the adhesive securing the screen in that area has failed). Is that what you're talking about?

dunderhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought my dslite last week, and the first one had a dead pixel. I exchanged it for a new one the other day, and the touch screen was slightly at an angle, so I went back and exchanged it for yet another one. (the employees couldn't see what was wrong with it and looked at me like I'm crazy). The touch screen looks fine on this one, but the top screen isn't centered perfectly, but that's not as bad as being at an angle; I'll keep this one.

edit: I meant rotational when I said angled. The depth of the screens seem to be fine.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
only reading your first post, i would VERY MUCH suggest that you DO NOT open your DS, i did, and i messed up my A, B, Left, and Down buttons so they don't work, and if they do, im pushing so hard the shell is flexing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-