by Ghost
Red Volition

by Richard Hofmeier
Retina

by Dualnames
Zombie Attack

by ShiverMeSideways

THE BAKE SALE BUNDLE
The AGS Bake Sale Bundle is a collection of AGS-made games by members of the AGS community who all teamed up to bring this idea to fruition. Available 20 January 2012.

HOW IT STARTED...
It started out as a small idea at first but quickly evolved into a much larger project. As word of the Bake Sale spread more and more members of the AGS community wanted to take part, the team of 5 bakers quickly grew into more than a baker's dozen! Nobody was (or is getting) paid to create the games in the bundle; they did it out of their love of the indie-game scene and AGS.

WHAT'S IN IT?
The AGS Bake Sale Bundle consists of 14 unique and individual games showcasing the different styles of each author as well as the diversity of the AGS engine as these aren't all just "adventure" games! It consists of a wide variety of games across a few different genres.

WHAT WILL IT COST ME?
The best part of the Bake Sale Bundle is YOU NAME YOUR OWN PRICE!!** That's right, you can decide what you think is a fair price and the bundle is yours! Just follow the link (the big button) above and name your price!
** THERE IS A MINIMUM ORDER COST OF $1.50 USD!!​
(simply to cover the cost of the transaction)

WHY ISN'T IT FREE?
The proceeds of the bake sale will be going to Child's Play; a great organization/charity that helps give sick kids the chance to play video games! So really, when you buy the bundle you're helping make a sick kid's day just a little better!!

So what are you waiting for??

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
none of the games look good, they have a non traditional payment method and the site looks like it was designed 15 years ago what gives.

deathking

OP
Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
none of the games look good, they have a non traditional payment method and the site looks like it was designed 15 years ago what gives.
i bought it using paypal , the site it runs from is wadjet eye games the creator of the blackwell series who is backing this bundle

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the games look like crap,(babies first game using gamemaker it seems) no steam code, junk payment system
I'm getting tired of these sites claiming "pay what you want" then enforcing a minimum amount, its not pay what you want anymore :angry:
I'll wait for the next HIB

Jeff88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all the games look like crap,(babies first game using gamemaker it seems) no steam code, junk payment system
I'm getting tired of these sites claiming "pay what you want" then enforcing a minimum amount, its not pay what you want anymore :angry:

Where does it say "pay what you want"?
And no, babies can't make games.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

It does say every where: "NAME YOUR OWN PRICE!!!", yes it does have a * after it... but still it's just a way to turning your head and looking into it.

I usually buy all indie bundles just for the heck of it... but without steam i'm inclined to pass this one.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It says "Name your own price*!"
The asterisk states that the minimum price is $1.50 USD.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States

It says "Name your own price*!"
The asterisk states that the minimum price is $1.50 USD.

I honestly think this is fair. After all, you poor bastards paying only .01 for the HIBs should be ashamed, at least you could spare a dollar. ;O;

A buck fifty isn't too much to ask, even for these (crappy as hell) games. It's to support charity; if you're not willing to support charity for charity's sake that your fault... Some people just give without getting anything in return. I think you guys are being a bit rude... Not every indie game can shine as others do, and I'd like to see you make a better game.

Reactions: 1 person

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A buck fifty isn't too much to ask, even for these (crappy as hell) games. It's to support charity; if you're not willing to support charity for charity's sake that your fault... Some people just give without getting anything in return. I think you guys are being a bit rude... Not every indie game can shine as others do, and I'd like to see you make a better game.
Just to add on this, the games in the bundle are actually free games made by the AGS community. For the bundle, they found members willing to create games specifically for the bundle and are selling them with 100% of the profits going to the Child's Play charity (with the exception of the aforementioned $1.50 USD, which is to cover the cost of transaction).

So basically, these are indie games created by people who made them for non-profit as a hobby, using a basic point-and-click game engine (known as the Adventure Game Studio). These aren't games that you'd want to pay for, they aren't games that the creators charge for either. These are games that random people designed as an incentive to donate to the Child's Play charity, nothing else. It really isn't fair to berate the games simply because they aren't worth your money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU