*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to install BootMii with the instructions in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9kWT2uOfMk

The problem is that the screen turned black when I loaded the folder through the HBC and my sister had to unplug the Wii. Now my Wii Remotes refuse to sync and I've tried to sync them. Can someone help me (with both problems obviously)?

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL Oh yeah, sorry wasn't thinking straight, anyone for problem 2? Please don't tell me I made another stupid mistake by not unplugging all the Gamecube controllers (and people say alcohol makes you stupid, now it's making me think...I should not have started this project at midnight) because I'm almost positive I did.

pembo

Trophies
XP
Country
you can't use a wiimote with bootmii.

Use either a GC controller, or the buttons on the wii itself to select the system menu or HBC and then the wiimotes will sync.
If you want to autoboot, edit the bootmii.ini in windows to set the boot time to 0, or download "BootMii Configuration Editor" and edit in on the wii.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pembo said:
you can't use a wiimote with bootmii.

Use either a GC controller, or the buttons on the wii itself to select the system menu or HBC and then the wiimotes will sync.
If you want to autoboot, edit the bootmii.ini in windows to set the boot time to 0, or download "BootMii Configuration Editor" and edit in on the wii.

I know that, but I have to install BootMii first, and I did have Gamecube controllers plugged in.

pembo

Trophies
XP
Country
so when did the 'screen' turn black - was this before or after installation, i.e. did bootmii actually install?
was it an IOS or a Boot2 install if so?

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pembo said:
so when did the 'screen' turn black - was this before or after installation, i.e. did bootmii actually install?

No, it hadn't started the installation yet. I did manage to figure it out. My sister had the Gamecube controllers plugged in and that's why it wasn't working.

pembo

Trophies
XP
Country
Aeladya said:
pembo said:

No, it hadn't started the installation yet. I did manage to figure it out. My sister had the Gamecube controllers plugged in and that's why it wasn't working.

but now your wiimotes don't sync now even when you in the system menu?
Sounds like coincidence if that's the case and that there might be something wrong with the bluetooth device in the wii itself

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pembo said:
Aeladya said:
pembo said:

but now your wiimotes don't sync now even when you in the system menu?
Sounds like coincidence if that's the case and that there might be something wrong with the bluetooth device in the wii itself
or a corrupt settings.txt

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I eventually got them synced up, I just forgot to take out the SD card (now that I've done the updating part from the guide I'm too nervous to see if I screwed up my Wii).

Edit: Is it necessary to install BootMii as an IOS if I can install it as a Boot2?

pembo

Trophies
XP
Country
Aeladya said:
I eventually got them synced up, I just forgot to take out the SD card (now that I've done the updating part from the guide I'm too nervous to see if I screwed up my Wii).

Edit: Is it necessary to install BootMii as an IOS if I can install it as a Boot2?

nope - don't bother with the IOS install if you can do it as boot2

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pembo said:
Aeladya said:

nope - don't bother with the IOS install if you can do it as boot2

Thanks, that guide, while it is a good guide, it is worded somewhat poorly and leaves me confused at times
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM