ROM Hack Question after use SX OS, my switch cannot charge

D

Deleted User

I disable autocrm
It is not good enough to start use:toot:
AutoRCM is good to use but if you plug in the charger while the Switch is booted off, you will enter in RCM. Switch doesn't charge while RCM is enabled. Keep that in mind

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AutoRCM is good to use but if you plug in the charger while the Switch is booted off, you will enter in RCM. Switch doesn't charge while RCM is enabled. Keep that in mind
CTCaer took readings and posted that it charges at ~140-250mA in a bricc'd RCM state, so would you care to change your statement?

140-250mA is the minimum of the USB controller at 5v. In order to use the PD controller voltages ~12-18v you need to boot a payload to initialize the PD charging. (empty battery in corner)

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Waiting two hour to be able to boot is not a good solution.
Charging in RCM is slow, just uninstalling it the time to charge it a little is faster, that why everyone say "RCM don't charge", it take hours.
Stop playing with word heh

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Waiting two hour to be able to boot is not a good solution.
Charging in RCM is slow, just uninstalling it the time to charge it a little is faster, that why everyone say "RCM don't charge", it take hours.
Stop playing with word heh
Playing with the word? I am stating facts. Others are giving FALSE information saying it does not charge.
The only thing I see wrong with the whole situation is the OP let it sit in RCM mode for no reason. That's like leaving your car running in your garage.

Either turn the Switch off (Dangerous and Careless unless under lab conditions) or use the OS sleep mode.

I agree, if the OP is incapable of doing those 2 simple things then by all means don't use AutoRCM.

If he was able to turn off AutoRCM then he could have just booted the OS payload instead to initialize the PD controller and then charge normally.

D

Deleted User

CTCaer took readings and posted that it charges at ~140-250mA in a bricc'd RCM state, so would you care to change your statement?

140-250mA is the minimum of the USB controller. In order to use the PD controller voltages you need to boot a payload to initialize the PD charging. (empty battery in corner)
You learn something new everyday lol. Guessing I'm not getting all the info

Reactions: Mr. Wizard

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem OP. Use the dongle to boot SX OS. As soon as you see the splash screen disconnect the dongle and connect the switch to the charger or dock. If you are too slow it will shut off.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No problem OP. Use the dongle to boot SX OS. As soon as you see the splash screen disconnect the dongle and connect the switch to the charger or dock. If you are too slow it will shut off.
Oh you guys are using the stupid dongles, I just use tegrarcmsmash from a pc then I don't have to unplug anything until it has a few minutes of charge then I can transfer to dock.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh you guys are using the stupid dongles, I just use tegrarcmsmash from a pc then I don't have to unplug anything until it has a few minutes of charge then I can transfer to dock.

I don't use a dongle. I also use TegraRcmSmashGUI. But I was just saying that you can disconnect it right away instead of waiting if you are fast enough.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm, you do realize there is a hekate build that has a battery desync fix, right?
Someone asked for it, so I gave it, I didn't link it without context.
Your original post was suggesting using the fix for the issue at hand with the OP, a good suggestion but for a different problem not related to this thread. Just trying to clear up to anyone reading this thread that your suggestion won't work.

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your original post was suggesting using the fix for the issue at hand with the OP, a good suggestion but for a different problem not related to this thread. Just trying to clear up to anyone reading this thread that your suggestion won't work.

You were too lazy to use the search function. But that's your problem not mine I guess.

Search function in GBA Temp is the worst search function ever made, if the subject searched is not almost exactly typed like the title it returns you nothing.

Get a girlfriend dude, you must be that cliche nerd with no good moments to tell anyone. Who cares if this thread is related r not to my question ?

Reactions: ShroomKing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 999.... Apple.... Can I just use 999 dollar bills and light them on fire?