After Bios swap no wifi/wireless

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by xecx, Nov 14, 2008.

Nov 14, 2008

After Bios swap no wifi/wireless by xecx at 4:35 PM (2,146 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. xecx
    OP

Newcomer xecx Newbie

Singapore
    Hi All,

After bios swapping my bricked DSL, it worked but my DSL wireless and wifi has no connection.
    When I connect to wifi the green lamp flashes but give u connection error 50099(no access point) and I confirm that there is a access point with another DSL.
    I try DS to DS connection it give no signal, it can't detect other nearby DS.
    so I try to reflash my DSL with v7/v8a the problem still remains. I even try uninstall the flashme still no luck...

Anyone any idea on this?

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Uhm, are you sure you have the WiFi Antenna plugged in the right port on the circuit board?

WiFi Antenna connects ONTO the BIOS, the Microphone connects into that other port above the BIOS.

You might of got your wires in the wrong ports.

[​IMG]

3. Marios_shadow

Newcomer Marios_shadow Advanced Member

United States
    The antenna just might not work with that BIOS... I've made a few Frankenstein DS Lites, and in many cases the antenna didn't work because of the BIOS, but did with other BIOS.

I'm not an expert, mind, I've been wrong before, that's just been my experience.

4. xecx
    OP

Newcomer xecx Newbie

Singapore
    OMG I bricked my DSL again!! i trying to reflash it with lower version... [​IMG]

maybe if i got the choice i try it with another bios and see whether it work for me.

5. xecx
    OP

Newcomer xecx Newbie

Singapore
    Okay my DSL is ready, i have check the antenna again and plug it real tight to ensure but the problem is still there... I try to use another bios from other DS it seem to work but the other DS will have the same problem using the problem bios.. now i can confirm the bios itself having problem now... is there another way to solve this problem?

6. zardoz

Newcomer zardoz Member

United Kingdom
    Why don't you make a dump of the working BIOS and put that into the bad BIOS chip?

Regards,

Z.

7. xecx
    OP

Newcomer xecx Newbie

Singapore
    I dont know how to make a dump... do you mind to teach me?

8. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  9. xecx
    OP

Newcomer xecx Newbie

Singapore
    so after i get my good bios dump, how do i overwrite the bad bios in the ds?

10. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Two suggestions.

IF your DS can detect the network but not connect your router may have a MAC filter that is preventing the DS from connecting to it.

Second, some BIOS have trouble detecting wifi with a channel higher than 10. Go to your router settings and set the ETSI to a lower number, like 2 or 3.

11. xecx
    OP

Newcomer xecx Newbie

Singapore
    My DSL is able to use the wifi and DStoDS before.
    I failed to install flashme and brick my DSL... but was able to recover it with hotswapping the bios...
    After recover my DSL, it loss wifi / DStoDS... so i found that is the bios problem so i want to know how to overwrite my bad bios firmware...